The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having trouble with Army of Meridia

UndeadWeissGrimace
UndeadWeissGrimace
Soul Shriven
I got the quest from the groundskeeper, but I can't get through the chasm, and it won't show a marker for the location.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, you can't cross the chasm to the northern part of the map until you have completed the main quests from the southern half. To do that, you will just have to explore the southern half to find the quests. I am pretty sure none of these quests are initially marked on your map.

Make your way to every part of the southern half of the map and pick up any quests you come across. If you see an area that looks empty, go there anyway just in case there is a quest giver there. Eventually, you will find all the "Lights of Meridia" and will be able to progress to the northern half.

If you want to save time, or to make sure you have gotten everything, you can google "eso map of coldharbor". Find one that has all the locations revealed, and then you can see where to go.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the quest from the groundskeeper, but I can't get through the chasm, and it won't show a marker for the location.

It would help if you were more specific about where you want to go. As prior post states, northern access is not granted until the Ayelid king and mage are freed in the southern areas, unlocking Mage and Fighters Guilds. You have to do these, maybe a few more before the groundskeeper asks you to a war council, whereupon northern access is granted.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Coldharbour
    This website has a Quest Map you might find useful.
    You need to do the Army of Meridia Story Quests to cross the chasm.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just jump down in chasm at northest possible point and you will spawn to wayshrine at north-east, outside the city.