Freezes, load screens, cyrodiil crashes and unplayable areas

npuk
npuk
✭✭✭
Firstly this game is seriously good and well done for all the work the devs and team have put in, however this seems to all be going to pot for Xbox users.

I fully accept with a game of this complexity that there will always be some quirks and that is part of the charm, but since 1T these have gone from being mildly annoying to full on game breaking. There seems at anyone time to be at least two areas that are a no go because you will end up getting a character stuck or having to wait for the usually long load screen. Incidentally a lot of the long load screens seem to occur when a duel is taking place around the way-shrine you are trying to spawn at.

When this game was in beta on PC I found it to be more stable than the current build on Xbox, and this got me thinking as to what is the current state on PC, so i got a copy for PC and gave it a try, and it was smooth and i have yet to have a crash. So why is the build so bad for Xbox users, is this a support ticket that needs to be raised with Microsoft?

I don't think I am alone in saying I would happy to see a delay on a future update to get these issues sorted.

The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • GeorgeParker
    I honestly thought the XBox One had enough power under the hood to run a MMO to a fairly high level of graphical finesse, lag free gameplay and few if any major glitches.
    But sadly I surmise it either cannot, or ZOS cannot successfully maintain its own game.

I agree with all of your views apart from the problems did not start from the 1T launch, not long before this we had a prolonged period of players getting their characters stuck in Wrothgar and various other issues.

The thing that annoys me more than anything is there is no interest in confronting the issues and apologising from the mods and support staff, and giving us some news on what is being done to rectify the issues, all I have seen is a short we are aware post on a bug thread.

But fingers crossed there does seem to be more players at least highlighting the issues currently making the Xbox experience pretty poor.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought the XBox One had enough power under the hood to run a MMO to a fairly high level of graphical finesse, lag free gameplay and few if any major glitches.

The Xbox has got the power to run the game as the demand on the hardware is relatively low in comparison to other titles that are out. When things are running correctly all runs really well, but when there are issues like the memory leak like we saw in Wrothgar this is down to the software not the device.
    But fingers crossed there does seem to be more players at least highlighting the issues currently making the Xbox experience pretty poor.

100% agree, its all well and good raising these issues with one another in game chat all the time, but unless a substantial amount of people individually raise their issues with ZOS the few of us that do will just be recorded as a minor percentage of users that have problems.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • GeorgeParker
    Not sure what % of Xbox players have bothered signing for the Forums, I'm not convinced it is a high number, but big thanks to you and the few others that are trying to get some recognition of the issues, all the best.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep submitting tickets too and they haven't fixed anything.
  • GeorgeParker
    The game yesterday was much improved, was able to access all characters and fast travel better, hopefully all players are getting a bump in reliability.
    Thanks ZOS.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I too had no issues accessing characters and did'nt get a single long load screen. Only thing was the guild/area voice chat kept falling over, the bit rate would drop and everyone sounds like a robot for a few mins then it corrects its self, but it has been doing this for the past week.

+1 ZOS for some decent maintenance.