The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is that Alit Glowing?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ZC9QPXt.png

Why do some Mobs glow that way? What's the purpose?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is purchasing con crates, hence the glow.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still It's better it glows anyway, than not glow at all, like this torch that gives the light without fire :D .
    f213861.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's trying to match the glow of nearby runestone! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you can see what would be hit if you use an attack instead of having to look up at the target health bar.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to turn off your detect evil ability.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    He is purchasing con crates, hence the glow.

You skipped some details: after purchasing, he opened them and the RNG got the better off him (like we all know that feeling), now he is in an state of "epic berserk" which increases all damage by 50%
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallout 5: One Tamriel

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's alit?
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd give an answer, then I saw the OP's stars, this is clearly a fun thread, looking forward to see the smart responses from everyone. :)
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ZC9QPXt.png

I can understand your confusion. As a Tamrielic naturalist I immediately recognized this behavior.

When an Alit feels the need to answer the call of nature it will excuse itself to the weeds and emit a glow to warn away others as it values its privacy and is polite enough to not want to douse others in its noisome cloacal gasses.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unhander_2 wrote: »
    I thought I'd give an answer, then I saw the OP's stars, this is clearly a fun thread, looking forward to see the smart responses from everyone. :)

Not that I'm not enjoying everyone's responses, :p I honest to God don't know why some Mobs glow like that. I noticed it one day randomly with some enemies in Eastmarch and thought it was something to do with some patch or update the Devs did to combat, but never found out exactly what it was for. And it's been a while since I last saw this on a Mob, most of the time otherwise all is normal.

Also I mean the blue/green glowing stripes, not the red combat glow...

Edited by ArchMikem on January 23, 2017 11:45PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got the dro' skin before the hot fix ;)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZC9QPXt.png

He-man.jpg
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any Alits with shock-related abilities?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hes stuck between two worlds. Nirn and Oblivion. Poor fella :(
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 24, 2017 12:50PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I mean the blue/green glowing stripes, not the red combat glow...

Yeah that's quite odd. Any more of those around or just that one? Did he drop something good? :tongue:

Options
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the ability lamia use. They scream into the sky and get this effect. Could be something like that? Or a lamia misfired and hit the Alit instead.
    Options