The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

twing born star only one mundus stone afecting charchter - bug???

unjulationb16_ESO
i use 5 pieces of twin born and 2 hundings rage armor and

dual wield swords and a two handed great sword with brawler as hundings rage
anyway if i change to two handed sword from dueal weild i lose one of the mundus stone efects and i only get one active

is this supposed to happen like this or is it a bug of some form or other -

I'm just changing my weapons over to dual wield on both bars and sees what happens amd sees if that works as a work around ;)

but if anyone has come across this before, got a work around etc would be grateful to hear from you all

unj :)

scuse for the bad gramer/spellinh, dyslexic, but spell schecker can do only so much)

Have you heard about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa! Boom, Boom, I'll be hear all week..................
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just want to check,
    do you have 5 pieces of twice born star on as armour?
    if yes:
    i have no idea why you are loosing a mundus when swapping bars. hopefully someone else can help

if no:
    because one of your twice born star pieces is one of the weapons on your dual weild bar, you are loosing the 2nd mundus stone when you switch because your two handed bar doesnt have a full set of twice born star equipped
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you made one if not more of your weapons Twice Born. When you switch bars, youre not equipping the twice born weapons anymore and thus youre losing your 5pc bonus, in which the game will take away one of your mundus stone buffs.

You need to make your Twice Born set all armor pieces, so you have the 5pc bonus at all times.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Because you made one if not more of your weapons Twice Born. When you switch bars, youre not equipping the twice born weapons anymore and thus youre losing your 5pc bonus, in which the game will take away one of your mundus stone buffs.

You need to make your Twice Born set all armor pieces, so you have the 5pc bonus at all times.

I haven't tested it, but it wouldn't surprise me if TBS actually breaks if you equip it on any weapon, even if you have 5pc on your armor.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't tested it, but it wouldn't surprise me if TBS actually breaks if you equip it on any weapon, even if you have 5pc on your armor.

As far as I know it should work like with any other armor set.

Say you want to run Hundings, but you want to have some of your armor pieces be a different set, so you're left with 4 pieces of Hundings armor. You want that 5pc bonus, so you make a weapon as well. However if you regularly switch to your alternate ability bar, you need to also have one Hunding's weapon on that bar as well. If you don't, and you switch bars, you're going from 5 pieces to 4, because that 5th piece isn't equipped anymore, and you've lost that bonus while on your alternate bar.

I think that's OP's problem. But I've never experienced Twice Born Star before.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I know it should work like with any other armor set.

Say you want to run Hundings, but you want to have some of your armor pieces be a different set, so you're left with 4 pieces of Hundings armor. You want that 5pc bonus, so you make a weapon as well. However if you regularly switch to your alternate ability bar, you need to also have one Hunding's weapon on that bar as well. If you don't, and you switch bars, you're going from 5 pieces to 4, because that 5th piece isn't equipped anymore, and you've lost that bonus while on your alternate bar.

I think that's OP's problem. But I've never experienced Twice Born Star before.

I have, but it was back before they fixed the exploit. The set is very volotile now, which is why I'm not 100% certain it doesn't temporarily break when you swap weapons. I know if you have a weapon on each bar, and 4pc of armor, it will break. I'm not sure if it will when the weapon is the 6th piece.
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    just want to check,
    do you have 5 pieces of twice-born star on as armour?
    if yes:
    i have no idea why you are losing a Mundus when swapping bars. hopefully someone else can help

if no:
    because one of your twice born star pieces is one of the weapons on your dual wield bar, you are losing the 2nd Mundus stone when you switch because your two-handed bar doesn't have a full set of twice-born star equipped

aye 5 pieces of twice-born - I thought that it would be because id gone opn to use a 2handed weapon - but just surprised that it doesn't revert back when you change back

ah well making a set of daggers now we shouldn't have the prob it was just a bit of a life savour when i=you use brawler and get a dmg shield - ah well nothing last forever

unj :)
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    like i said i dint know if this is a bug or just the way the code works

i just found it odd, and a bit of a pain to have to keep setting my 2rd Mundus stone only 5 mins later forget and use my 2handed sword, Doh ;)
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never complete a TBS with weapons if you don't have two sets of DW. Switching from 5 pieces to 4 pieces (from say duel wield to 2-Hander), you permanently lose your 2nd mundus and will have to go get it again.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Never complete a TBS with weapons if you don't have two sets of DW. Switching from 5 pieces to 4 pieces (from say duel wield to 2-Hander), you permanently lose your 2nd mundus and will have to go get it again.

Oh, it will break, and you'll lose your second Mundus if you complete the set with any weapons. Even if you have enough pieces on the back bar.

It wouldn't surprise me if TBS simply breaks on every weapon swap now.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 4 pc armor and 1 weapon on each bar all the time and never have issues with losing my second Mundus.
    Not sure exactly what is happening in OP's situation, but I have never had issues with it
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    ookami007 wrote: »

Oh, it will break, and you'll lose your second Mundus if you complete the set with any weapons. Even if you have enough pieces on the back bar.

It wouldn't surprise me if TBS simply breaks on every weapon swap now.

will have to test this - really annoying if I have to redo my whole set of gold level kit, ah well something to work for I suppose

:o
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not true, if you were to do 3p armor 2p dw/sb on both bar, you can switch freely, you only lose 5p bonus if you go from 5p active to 4 active pieces. i.e. 2 1hd swords tbs to 1 2nd sword tbs.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    just checked my character and I have 5pices of twice-born star armour 2 hundings rage, duel swords hundings and now dual daggers of hundings rage

I can now confirm that with the set up I now have I don't lose the second Mundus stone when I swap from dual sword to dual dagger

so that's good but unfortunately, I lose my two handed axe or sword which I used when fighting group mods and the brawler skill was damn useful for keeping me alive with its defence bonus

well at least I don't have to spend the next month grinding out mats etc, just gotta learn to use my daggers proficiently, that brawler skill saved my life many a time.............
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

not true, if you were to do 3p armor 2p dw/sb on both bar, you can switch freely, you only lose 5p bonus if you go from 5p active to 4 active pieces. i.e. 2 1hd swords tbs to 1 2nd sword tbs.

It seems if you go from 2 weapons on one bar to one on the back bar, even if you have a 5pc bonus on the back bar, TBS breaks.