The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make Bug reporting more rewarding

Att1Tude
Att1Tude
✭✭✭
Ok so we all know there will be new content coming, and new bugs also. The playerbase is eso's biggest game bug source but i start to think you dont get enough info.The amount of bugs is just too overwhelming, you simply quit reporting those. But if a player would get rewarded somehow from a confirmed bug, a player could continue to give more information. Because right now you report a bug, and thats it. Same thing again and again. With more interest in reporting a bug you could get more info on bugs, and address the worst bugs around. Playerbase shoulndt be responsible of a working game. We still struggle on lag in cyro(main issue), this is just one from other issues(lmao that scrollfarming in some small house in cyro, disappearing sieges im not even going there but there is very much reportable bugs lying around that NOTHING HAPPENED TO THOSE IN OVER 2 YEARS). U start to think why to pay anything on eso+ because game is not working at all as intented.

But that for the rant. My suggestion is like a reward that is not 'too' rewarding but could keep the reporting up.

Undaunted key
Coins(lmao not gonna happen)
Furniture for housings

What you think people. Posted this to general section to get more visibility.
PC-EU
How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY. how do i edit my post. The playerbase is biggest eso bug information source- meant it that way
    PC-EU
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why we need rewards for doing something that lies in our interest anyway.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Because to make bug reporting more effective. To make game better, and worth of subscribing. Its not like you want constantly to play with these in-combat bugs.
    Edited by Att1Tude on January 23, 2017 10:10AM
    PC-EU
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Women of Zenimax of Men of Zenimax(submitter's choice) monthly calendar.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never give rewards for bug hunting.

This leads to players "playing" the system rather than using it for its intended purpose. The reward for a bug report is the bug being added to a defects list and being fixed in the future.

Also who do you reward, the first reporter, the reporter who gave the most information, the one who isolated the cause? Then await the back lash when one person gets the reward and another doesn't.

Also it will bog them down when they get flocks or useless reports filed just so people can say they reported that bug as well and gain a reward.

*Edit for typos and formatting.
    Edited by Turelus on January 23, 2017 10:42AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Att1Tude wrote: »
    Because to make bug reporting more effective. To make game better, and worth of subscribing. Its not like you want constantly to play with these in-combat bugs.
    Exactly, you don't want to play constantly with bugs. That's your incentive to report a bug. And your reward is a potential fix someday. I still don't see a reason why that should be rewarded with some other stuff like you suggested.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reward could be simply a forum title 'bug catcher' after some fixed amount of confirmed bugs or something else, not the items. Something to encourage players to report bugs. Currently there is no interest in wasting time on bug reports, as well as asking for suport, when nothing really happens after. Just waste of time and no point in thinking you will be listened or your bugs noticed.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    A reward could be simply a forum title 'bug catcher' after some fixed amount of confirmed bugs or something else, not the items. Something to encourage players to report bugs. Currently there is no interest in wasting time on bug reports, as well as asking for suport, when nothing really happens after. Just waste of time and no point in thinking you will be listened or your bugs noticed.

Again though you're just going to encourage people to spam them with useless bug reports or reports containing copy/paste messages so everyone can tick their box for reporting that bug.

This might even cause issues where people who are not effected by the bug are reporting it and giving miss information.
    If a bug is a graphical one exclusive to one brand of graphics cards/drivers than having people submitting reports with a card/drivers not effected will make them waste time chasing issues which aren't there, all so players can show off their fancy title.

It won't take long before friends/guilds/reddit are sharing bug information with one enough to help their friends get the title. Then once they have the title they'll just stop caring and never submit a bug report again.

If they want to encourage bug reports then the best way is to fix the bugs which are reported in a decent time, so the community learns that the rewards for a bug report is a fast fix and better play experience.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reward for a bug report (that's actually reporting something that needs it) should be zenimax actually doing something about it.

rip decibel
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

Exactly thats the problem which needs to be fixed, so more problems could get fixed too. Certainly a bug wont get fixed if there is no information given. When a reported bug gets fixed, everyone who helped with reporting info of that bug gets a reward.Limit the bug reporting to one per week or 2 per weeks, that would limit the spam for devs. Make Minor and Major bug selections, Major gets addressed but no limits or rewards, with a Major bug (like horse not moving at all) you want to report it. Minors arent that much wanted to be reported but they still are there(in combat).

Point is: Reward has to be there to make bug reporting more interesting. If you have another suggestion how to make bug reporting more interesting, please share.
    I would post a bug information as much as possible if i had a undaunted key once per week from it. Starting from in combat bug. Next week would give info on what happened when my siege disappeared. Third week what happened when i were on group finer and got grouped to 5 instead of 4 and didnt see any other players except myself.
    PC-EU
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Reward for a bug report (that's actually reporting something that needs it) should be zenimax actually doing something about it.
    IMO, this could be asked too much, the reporting needs a kickstart to get it to be used. And zenimax might need some time to fix a bug(lmao)
    PC-EU