Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dw

ryra4
ryra4
Does it matter what weapon trait you use if your a magica templar but your just using it for the spell power bonus?... i could use training if its all thats dropping and wont really matter?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think crit matters fx
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magplar runs dual resto staves. The front bar is more offensive so the staff is sharpened. It helps ALL her offensive abilities penetrate as long as it is in her hands. The back bar staff is powered, which helps all her healing whether from the resto line or templar line - again, as long as the staff in in her hands.

Similarly, if your active weapon is 'defending', it will help your defense.

So yes, even if you don't use the weapon as a weapon, the trait can help.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 22, 2017 5:42PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Can you use 1 axe and 1 sword? Will it give you the same spell damage buff? Or must i use 2 swords?
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    If you're a DPS you really want sharpened on both swords.

The penetration on the weapons affects the penetration of your spells too.
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Can i use 1 axe and 1 sword?
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Bump
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subject was tl;dr. Just kidding.

To get the passive bonus you need to equip both of the same type of weapon. The common practice is to dual wield swords with sharpened.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    Can i use 1 axe and 1 sword?

Yes but each weapon has its own buff. Look at the DW passives to learn more.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 23, 2017 7:54PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subject was tl;dr. Just kidding.

To get the passive bonus you need to equip both of the same type of weapon. The common practice is to dual wield swords with sharpened.

Spell power bonus is innate on dual wield, so it can be anything
    Dual weild blade and blunt passive should further increase
    Then sharpened will increase penetration for spell as well as physical

basically: dual wielding anything will give more spell damage.
    Dual swords as mentioned above is better
    making them sharpened is even better

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]