Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player needs help

ddeluca32
ddeluca32
Soul Shriven
Haven't played since veteran rank was around, so i am behind to say the least lol. I play a woodelf nightblade and i enjoy the bow/dual wield play style. I know this is not the best but does anyone have any suggestions about what gear set i should go for to use this play style and any other info that could help with a build like this. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Best Answers

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow in general is not a good weapon to use in dungeon pve. Or at least it doesn't rank as high. However, you can still make it work if you are not pushing numbers or trying to get the best dps around.

There are a few 'must have' abilities for stamina builds. Rearming trap, evil hunter / camouflaged hunter and a buff that gives brutality like shrouded daggers ( in dual wield skill line). You then need an aoe spam, a single target spam and a finisher. The rest are utilities like sustain, mitigation, etc.

As a nightblade however, killer's blade is awesome, reaper's mark is good utility, gives more crit rating, heals when enemy dies and when they do gives you major berserk as well. Mirage or double take gives expedition as well as good dodge rating. Surprise attack gives good buffs due to shadow passives and acts as a good single target spam. Use steel tornado for aoe spam.

Gear wise, stamina has many good options. I personally use Leviathan and Toothrow for a five piece 2 set buff with dual wield. I use Kragh's for head and shoulder but honestly can do better with that.

Hope it helps!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow/dual wield bar is very viable for a stamblade. I'm not sure if you want a pvp or pve setup...but they're similar. But bows got a little better a while back and are fun again.

For a pvp bow build, marksman is an excellent set that you can get for cheap. It amps your bow damage against players, so pvp-only. I combine this with Hundings and a molag Kena shoulder for a bow gank pvp build. Crouch..major brutality...magelight (for might of the guild)...focus aim - ka pow.

For bow skills, poison inject and snipe are still your bread and butter. In update 13' AOEs are getting more powerful in pvp so maybe the aoe volley will be better. For dual wield...not much has changed...ambush, killers blade, mark, surprise attack...all good skills.

Answer ✓
  • ddeluca32
    ddeluca32
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both for your responses i will look into both and I do prefer PvP however i do also enjoy the story line quests for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood both of which i am doing now.