Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Pulled Under quest - "Someone is Using That"

bobdrad
bobdrad
✭✭
I am following the clues at the smithy. When I try to use the Rack of Fish it always repeats "Someone is Using That". Is there anything I can do? Logging our and back in doesn't help. Stuck!

Best Answer

• Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We've found an issue with the interactable rack of fish locking and not resetting properly if the zombie gets stuck. We've resolved the issue on our internal servers and will push it to the Live servers as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reports! Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember thismquest is buggy in this section. Do you happen to have a note in your inventory that you can read to move the quest forward?
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    No, I don't have any notes to read I'm afraid.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having the same issue PS4 NA
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also getting this issue on PS4 NA.

I've tried deleting and restarting the quest and I've tried doing it on different days at different times of day in case it was lag or traffic related, but the game consistently refuses to let me use that bloody fish rack to progress the quest.

It's not as if I don't know what I'm doing, this is the 5th ebonheart character I've run through the faction questlines.

I'm seeing plenty of other players trying and failing to use the fish rack too, so its not an isolated case either.
  • shawfiredawg_ESO
    shawfiredawg_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue. Hopefully the will fix soon since it is main storyline. This quest has a history of being buggy at different stages.
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    Yeah I tried using it when nobody else was around in the area and it still fails. I reported it to Customer Service, for what that's worth. Others should probably do the same so they prioritize a fix.
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We've found an issue with the interactable rack of fish locking and not resetting properly if the zombie gets stuck. We've resolved the issue on our internal servers and will push it to the Live servers as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reports! Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Jekerl as of last night this issue still persisted. Do you have a schedule or idea of when the fix will be pushed?

Thanks!
  • Wiccix
    Wiccix
    Trying to do the quest and it's still not working. Rack still says someone's already using it.
  • SlaaneshiHorror
    Doing this to me as well. Cannot complete the quest. When is this fix going live?
  • SlaaneshiHorror
    On the PS4 as well. Forgot to mention that.
  • Khyleth
    Khyleth
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 NA: Same problem. Have tried every possible workaround/solution.
  • tilley697
    tilley697
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue. Hopefully the will fix soon since it is main storyline. This quest has a history of being buggy at different stages.

You can actually just skip this mission and head towards Trohletta (southeast corner of map) and a mission giver for the main story line will be there. So you can skip that entire section.
  • Wiccix
    Wiccix
    tilley697 wrote: »
    You can actually just skip this mission and head towards Trohletta (southeast corner of map) and a mission giver for the main story line will be there. So you can skip that entire section.

Do you have the NPC name or screenshots of where they are?
    Edited by Wiccix on February 1, 2017 1:48PM
  • SlaaneshiHorror
    tilley697 wrote: »

While yes I was able to do this, it doesn't help me complete the Riften City map icon, which I'd like to do. Also, under normal circumstances, I'm not a fan of jumping ahead in storyline quests.
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    It appears that the fix is live now. I was able to complete the quest. Thanks!