Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Player - Understanding Scaling

MJGRiFFiN
MJGRiFFiN
Soul Shriven
Hello all,

So I've been hearing really positive things since the One Tamriel update. However, the thing i've been curious about is the new scaling system.
From what i've read, any player of any level can now go to any level zone.

So if that is correct, my question is, what is now the purpose of low level zones if a new player can go straight to 'End Game' content and be competitive due to scaling?
Is there actually any purpose of levelling?

Thanks!
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all about freedom. Your character is simply not restricted to any zones based on their level. There are no 'low level zones' anymore in the game, every zone is scaled basically to CP 160. You now have the freedom to enjoy the game how you want, in particular enjoying the story lines of the quest zones at a pace you prefer without fear of over-leveling of under-leveling the content. Finally, One Tamriel shines in your ability to play with a friend of any level (higher-lower) with you, or they, completely trivializing any of the content.

Try not to fall into the trap that many do though regarding 'competitiveness'. At a low level your character is still significantly un-powered compared to one that is high CP. This is due to learning skills/morph, having skill trees progressed (e.g. fighters, mages, undaunted, racial) and most importantly, having the skill points available to invest. Not to mention the increased skill that comes from actually playing your character and getting use to the skills/how they fight, rotations etc etc. Leveling in ESO is so much more than just that number next to your character's name.

At the heart of it, ESO is a quest-centric MMO, and One Tamriel provides the enhanced freedom to enjoy questing in a capacity you choose.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing also most NPC enemies have about 31,500 +/- Health Points. Some have 41,000 +/-.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.