The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Style assimilation

Wrecking_Gorilla
Wrecking_Gorilla
✭✭✭
Why can we use a crown item or in game item to convert drop sets to armor types of motifs we currently own. This is what I felt mimic stones would do. I dislike wearing ugly armor, when I can make the style I'd like to wear.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because for some reason zos loves asking us to pay for things no one wants (a one time costume dye pack in common colors? Really??) but they're hesitant to offer things that people repeatedly ask for.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i am very much against any ability to change motifs of drop sets.

Right now, the ONLY unique thing about crafted equipment is motif control. You CAN choose the motif of whatever you craft and nobody can control the motif of drops.

The other things crafting holds onto are just convenience - quicker by crafting - not unique:
    Can get the pieces you want in traits you want more quickly but you can get them by drops farming.
    Can get the sets in the weights you want, which is almost unique to crafted but a number of sets esp monster sets appear in multiple weights.

Crafted equip is already too out-done by drop sets and if you take away the one unique element it has (drops have jewelry, 2pc monster sets, 3pc wpn/jewel sets and mael/master wpn sets as their uniques cant be done with crafting) it become even more "not worth the time and expense" than it is now.

if they add motif change for drops, the Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking lines should be moved out of "Crafting" and put under their own tab called "Alterations" reflecting their true purpose being to support drop sets.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    They already have it setup in the game. You can change items into imperial style with the touch of a button. You would still have to own the motif itself. Crafted sets are becoming rarer and rarer, at least this would give us some use of those expensive motifs.
    Edited by Wrecking_Gorilla on January 21, 2017 1:00AM