The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Woman Wronged (Stormhaven) 2 possible endings?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the quest in Farangel's Landing, just outside Wayrest where you're trying to save a woman called Miranda Arcole. If you don't want to know more please stop reading here, otherwise I'd have to keep using spoiler tags which would make a mess of the post.

I got to the point where you enter the manor house and you need to kill the 'boss' but he beat me. I respawned at a wayshrine but then ran out of time to carry on and logged off. Later I went back to attempt the quest again and this time the boss wasn't there. I assumed someone else had killed him and dashed past where he appeared hoping to complete the quest before he respawned. When I got into the room where Miranda is she was lying dead on the floor and when I approached her I was told I was too late to save her and given the quest reward.

I looked up the quest out of curiosity and all the guides I've found say you save her. I don't mind that I wasn't able to save her (I actually really like that you can fail like this sometimes) but I'm curious about when it all went wrong.

Was it because the boss killed me first? Because I left the house? Logged off and came back?

If anyone knows it would be really helpful, especially if I encounter a similar quest again. (Or next time I do this one.)
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/quests/a-woman-wronged/
    "Choosing option “She’s your liege-lady. Doesn’t that make it your duty to give me that antidote” you get a 5 minute timer to save Miranda." And that was the problem, I think.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, that would explain it. Thanks :)

I completely missed that it was on a timer. Hopefully I'll remember for next time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. There are some quests with timer. Always better to get them done and log off after completing ti avoid any problems :)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything to indicate when a timer is active?

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Danikat I just went through this quest and didn't see one. (Unless you count the Steward telling me to 'hurry' in which case - most of the NPCs do that, so not much of an indication. I can count on one hand the number of times an NPC has told me to take my time, and that wasn't even in the same game series!)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests that have a timer should have a countdown clock showing in the quest tracker. If that's not showing up, I would report it as a bug.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp