The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crate Experience Scrolls Now Purchasable for Gems

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
17622ce6f61474ce061c5223590ea8.jpg

By popular request, with this week's Crown Store update we have made the higher-end Crown Crate Experiences available for purchase with Crown Gems. You can now purchase Grand Crown Crate Experience Scrolls (150% XP for 1 hour) for 100 Crown Gems and Major Crown Crate Experience Scrolls (100% XP for 1 hour) for 40 Crown Gems. These are currently located in the "Featured" section of the Crown Store.

Happy leveling!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! I always wondered why they weren't available to buy directly with Gems.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    17622ce6f61474ce061c5223590ea8.jpg

By popular request, with this week's Crown Store update we have made the higher-end Crown Crate Experiences available for purchase with Crown Gems. You can now purchase Grand Crown Crate Experience Scrolls (150% XP for 1 hour) for 100 Crown Gems and Major Crown Crate Experience Scrolls (100% XP for 1 hour) for 40 Crown Gems. These are currently located in the "Featured" section of the Crown Store.

Happy leveling!

I'm pretty sure "popular request" would have been to have these available with crowns :)
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    100 crown gems? I paid over $60 to get 100 crown gems in hopes of getting a mount in the crate. I sure as hell am not paying $60 for a single exp scroll. If they were for crowns like the other exp scrolls then that would be far more reasonable
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    100 crown gems? I paid over $60 to get 100 crown gems in hopes of getting a mount in the crate. I sure as hell am not paying $60 for a single exp scroll. If they were for crowns like the other exp scrolls then that would be far more reasonable
    This matches the Gem price of other items at the same tier, so is a completely logical value.

(Although I agree, and have said elsewhere, that everything except the themed mounts and mementos should be purchasable directly on the Crown Store.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. The scrolls are another "NOT" themed item locked in the clown crates. Along with the black mane lion, red pit wolf/wolf pup/senche leopard/cub. I still wouldn't be thrilled with the clown crates, but it would cut way back on how much I detest them if only themed items were included for gambling instead of NOT themed items that should be up for outright sale.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    (Although I agree, and have said elsewhere, that everything except the themed mounts and mementos should be purchasable directly on the Crown Store.)
    JKorr wrote: »
    Yep. The scrolls are another "NOT" themed item locked in the clown crates. Along with the black mane lion, red pit wolf/wolf pup/senche leopard/cub. I still wouldn't be thrilled with the clown crates, but it would cut way back on how much I detest them if only themed items were included for gambling instead of NOT themed items that should be up for outright sale.
    Hear, hear!
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The math here doesnt even make sense. Why should it buy a grand version for 100 gems when I can get 2 major ones for 80 ?
    Edited by Ankael07 on January 22, 2017 3:25AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    The math here doesnt even make sense. Why should it buy a grand version for 100 gems when I can get 2 major ones for 80 ?

They are not stackable in game. If you want 150% XP increase per hour, you need grand. If you want 100%XP increase per hour, you need major. It depends on what you are willing to spend and what XP increase you want per hour.

• dbonifaci_ESO
    dbonifaci_ESO
    ✭✭
    No reason that these scrolls shouldn't be available for actual crowns.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

By popular request
    I don't envy you having to write things like this when you all know what the most popular request regarding the crown crates is.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 26, 2017 4:45PM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend 100 gems on something that lasts an hour?? Ha! Server lag? Too bad, that'll be another $40. Anyways, why would someone spend this much on something so finite?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experience Scrolls have always been available in the crown store for purchase with crowns .....

All that changed with Jessica's announcement was you can now purchase the scrolls with crown gems. This is what people with crown gems were requesting .....
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Experience Scrolls have always been available in the crown store for purchase with crowns .....

All that changed with Jessica's announcement was you can now purchase the scrolls with crown gems. This is what people with crown gems were requesting .....
    Not quite. There are three types of XP scrolls: 50%, 100% and 150%. The first one is purchasable with crowns, the other two with crown gems (and were previously available only as a drop from crates).
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Balibe wrote: »

Not quite. There are three types of XP scrolls: 50%, 100% and 150%. The first one is purchasable with crowns, the other two with crown gems (and were previously available only as a drop from crates).

Not quite .....

Correct, the other two are only loot in crown crates, they could not be purchased .....

The only change was the crown crate scrolls can now be purchased with crown gems .....

Read the entire post, some posts are upset because you can purchase experience scrolls period. They have always been in the crown store regardless of the time/duration .....
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the XP scrolls should be available for direct sale, though at the prices set for the gamble box ones, they would be stupidly overpriced and show exceptional greed on the part of ZOS considering they designed a never-ending XP grind into the game.

Also the shorter duration is just absurd and ONLY promotes grinding, not playing the game where one can easily spend 30 minutes just doing a major quest or two and get very little benefit from the boost.

How about creating some reasonably priced XP boosts for activities like exploring and questing or even PVP with reasonable durations, not just ones geared toward mass AOEing skeletons for hours in Skyreach?

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason the entire contents of the crates shouldn't be available for actual Crowns (except the 9 themed items).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »

buying with gems is a total rip off to enable ESO to get you to gamble more. would you go to the store and buy bread in hope of getting some gems to buy milk?
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭

simple, they want you to spend 40.00 for the gambling crate for a bunch of useless items so that you can buy one 150xp for 400 gems.

i guess they believe were really stupid

lol