The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Armory" add-on

Duragon_Darko
Duragon_Darko
✭✭✭
So, in DCUO, if you buy 2 of what's called an "Armory", you can save a different build (skill points, champion points, armor, ability bars, etc) to each Armory, so that on the fly, when you're not in combat, you click a button and automatically get that build to your toon. So if you have a tank build and a dps build, with the click of a button you can tank the first part of a dungeon, and then click over to dps on the last fight that can't be tanked anyway. On PC, I'm pretty sure there is an add-on for this, but could we get something like this for PS4/console? Would that be possible? Armories in DCUO are 5 bucks real cash each. We could literally have 3 Armories on the same toon and rock out a dps, tank and healer build for the same toon. Would be awesome!
.... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, 47 views and not one response?.. lol. No one thinks this is a great idea?
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Alpha Gear for this, pretty nice addon http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1534-AlphaGearLives.html
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko
    Firstly and most importantly, there is a U in Armoury.

I don't believe the API allows the changing of Champion Points, but as mentioned there are several addon's which allow you to change gear and skills.

Personally I use Dressing Room
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko
    Firstly and most importantly, there is a U in Armoury.

I don't believe the API allows the changing of Champion Points, but as mentioned there are several addon's which allow you to change gear and skills.

Personally I use Dressing Room

Spell check says you are incorrect! B)
    It's definitely armory.

adndHi6.png

/trollface

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @Cherryblossom
    Armory is American dictionary. I didn't even realize there was a UK spelling, Armoury. I Google'd it. Both spellings are correct and both mean the same thing.

And I know there are add ons for PC, I wanted this for console. In my original post I asked why we couldn't have something like this for console.

Thanks for the bump though! Appreciate it!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko

I assure you there is no such thing as American, it's just English. Both spellings are not correct, Armoury is an English word, if you american's would like your own language to butcher can I suggest Klingon! :smiley:

You should also join the master race and get a PC, come see how the game should look :smiley:

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it would be great to be able to change armor, skills and CP with one button. Whatever you want to call it, I'd definitely make use of it.
    Edited by kylewwefan on January 26, 2017 2:23PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well you can not change CPs with an addon, as that costs 3000 gold to respec, but it could have an option to do it, yes
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @Cherryblossom
    Cool. Google "Armory Definition" :)

ar·mor·y1
    ˈärmərē/Submit
    noun
    a place where arms are kept.
    synonyms: arsenal, arms depot, arms cache, ordnance depot, magazine, ammunition dump
    "a Civil War exhibition at the old armory"
    an array of resources available for a particular purpose.
    "his armory of comic routines"

... and I use a PC in pharmacy all day. I like my sofa for the 2 hours I play before I pray with the kids and pass out. :)
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @Cherryblossom

... and this is the Cambridge British dictionary for "Armoury Definition"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/armoury
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cherryblossom

... and this is the Cambridge British dictionary for "Armoury Definition"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/armoury

@Duragon_Darko

This is the dictionary to use for English :) Also where I come from
  • jvnane
    jvnane
    Soul Shriven
    @Cherryblossom

Just found this thread and gotta say, between your nonsense about armory/armoury and your PC master race BS, you are quite the ***.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko

I assure you there is no such thing as American, it's just English. Both spellings are not correct, Armoury is an English word, if you american's would like your own language to butcher can I suggest Klingon! :smiley:

You should also join the master race and get a PC, come see how the game should look :smiley:

Yeah and it would be Armour not Armor.
    Maybe you should read text in game and realize the so called 'American' term is used in game. Its Light Armor. not Light Armour.

It's not American english, it's just English. Now if the UK doesn't want to keep up with the rest of the planet and still wants to say Armour, that's perfectly fine. And you'll get all frustrated every time the rest of the entire planet says Armor. In like every video game there is.

Here's a nice list of countries that speak english natively, all of them have their linguistic quirks. All are correct. Deal with it.
    Australia
    Canada
    Ireland
    New Zealand
    United Kingdom
    United States
    (there's actually more)

• Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    "Master Race?"

I thought we settled that nonsense back in 1945...