The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

XB1 NA in game voice chat broken again

DrSweetazz
DrSweetazz
✭✭✭✭
This was happening before maintenance and I was hoping would be resolved with the last bit of down time. Almost everybody in my guilds are getting long periods of rejoining a voice chat channel over and over again.
6 second timer to join channel, the ding goes off and the timer starts again, without changing channels or anything. Happens on its own.

Anyone else having this issue? Or have a workaround Beyond using Xbox party chat?

Zos aware of the issue?
Edited by DrSweetazz on January 18, 2017 10:16PM
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to have started acting up since the ddos attack
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It hasn't worked correctly for about a week. Could we get an answer on a hotfix here (assuming you could since the issue became apparent after the DDOS outages)

Not many Dev Tracker responses in this forum area so I will check back in a couple months for a resolution.

Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Jaws243
    Jaws243
    Same thing here... All of my guilds going between voice chat and text chat because of how sporadic the voice chat has been of late. Makes it really difficult to complete dungeons and trials when there is no communication that can be had instantly. Can't stop in a veteran boss fight to type out a message to the group about what's happening. Even if you tried, by the time you were done, it'd be too late to matter.

Any feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we have text chat now lol! We used to only have voice and when it went down it really sucked!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's my personal feedback.
    It's not a fix but just a work around.

If you can plug and unplug the headset while in a channel but leave all the other channels first and then rejoin.....sometimes that works....

It's been an issue since launch tho so even with tickets it's not been addressed or fixed.

The reality tho......
    Sometimes I'll have to just stay out and use Xbox party chat tho.

When all else fails.....have the guild create an Xbox club and use Xbox party chat.

Screw the frustrations of ZOS when you can use a more reliable system.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I get the plug in and unplug issue, have always had that. I'm referring to voice chat turning everyone into robot noises, then you get stuck in this Loop of rejoining the chat Channel over and over again. The ding of changing channels happens every six seconds as it tries over and over to rejoin your chat Channel. And you can't cancel it because it happens instantly.

I assumed this forum was the way to alert Zos to Xbox related issues. But lack of response on here is making me realize it's not
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    Yea I get the plug in and unplug issue, have always had that. I'm referring to voice chat turning everyone into robot noises, then you get stuck in this Loop of rejoining the chat Channel over and over again. The ding of changing channels happens every six seconds as it tries over and over to rejoin your chat Channel. And you can't cancel it because it happens instantly.

I assumed this forum was the way to alert Zos to Xbox related issues. But lack of response on here is making me realize it's not

@DrSweetazz
    Yeah.....I've lumped a few fixes together

Good luck man
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501