The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has Something changed recently ? Dps decreased

ForsakenSin
ForsakenSin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi i noticed something strange last night , so i done CoS vet and due to lag i died few times and in the end i had to leave however i noticed something very strange ,

My Rapid Strikes lost around 3-4 k of DPS and they were much MUCH slower then usual speed
Usually in the last hit i see numbers around 7-8k and last night ive noticed im getting only around 4-5k ?? also the DPS with each strike was well over 1.3k and now its 600-900 or so and i have not changed anything on my character

Just wondering has something changed that i am not aware off? i know the slower animation can be explained by the lag
but i can't understand loosing close to 5k dps and other DPS.Has something changed with CoS ? do they have bigger resistance then other dungeons ?

Any input would be highly appreciated
Edited by ForsakenSin on January 17, 2017 9:45PM
"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
"You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Best Answers

• NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    i have noticed this on the smaller scale llevel 28 Toon with my dual wield. i actually completely respec'd and re did my entire bar and skill lines to change my playstyle because of it. i went from mercing PvE dungeons and open world to barely surviving becasue my Stamblade has been standing there stabbing this werewolf too long with lack luster results. i couldnt figure it out, if the enemies were scaling differently as my level progressed, but im fine now and settling into becoming a veteran lvl assassin stamina build.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
    Answer ✓
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi i noticed something strange last night , so i done CoS vet and due to lag i died few times and in the end i had to leave however i noticed something very strange ,

My Rapid Strikes lost around 3-4 k of DPS and they were much MUCH slower then usual speed
    Usually in the last hit i see numbers around 7-8k and last night ive noticed im getting only around 4-5k ?? also the DPS with each strike was well over 1.3k and now its 600-900 or so and i have not changed anything on my character

Just wondering has something changed that i am not aware off? i know the slower animation can be explained by the lag
    but i can't understand loosing close to 5k dps and other DPS.Has something changed with CoS ? do they have bigger resistance then other dungeons ?

Any input would be highly appreciated

I think I noticed to, but I was already not liking rapid strikes and actually considering using regular attacks with stormbringer set over rapid strikes, it seems to do more dps, rapid was weak before, there was nothing in the notes so it has to be a bug, maybe I am just imagining it though because I always thought dps was low on rapid strikes and considered it more of a dot.
    Answer ✓
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The horrible, global lag in pve and pvp, perhaps?
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for reply , that's what i thought of as well and can be answer to me slower animation but loosing that much dps all the time ... its strange to be honest
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry for stupid question, but did you have a different healer and tank with you? Compare a group with no buffs and a group with fully buffs, thats a massive dps gap.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have at one point put two medium TBS together with 3 light TBS on my sorc without seeing it until after a couple of dungeons, was wondering where my dps had gone.

Also tried putting a white gear on by mistake not seeing it again after a couple of dungeons.

Not saying you have done these silly mistakes :D

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for stupid question, but did you have a different healer and tank with you? Compare a group with no buffs and a group with fully buffs, thats a massive dps gap.

Nah mate its a really really good question actually, and that is what i thought as well but i had a look my WD while i was inside of it and it was actually much more then what is usually and thus my dps was suposed to be increased not de crease.

when doing VMSA i can see it getting 7-8k and before in vet dungeon was doing the same except for last night i was getting 4-5k on the last hit.

Only thing i can imagine was that the resistance has been increased in CoS i know im missing something but its strange i will need to test it against different adds.

I know there is a nerf coming for the dual welding i think i read somewhere its 2.5% which might explain the loss of DPS strange really strange.

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I have at one point put two medium TBS together with 3 light TBS on my sorc without seeing it until after a couple of dungeons, was wondering where my dps had gone.

Also tried putting a white gear on by mistake not seeing it again after a couple of dungeons.

Not saying you have done these silly mistakes :D

AHAHAHAHAAHAH yep we have all been there , but i had a look same set up same skill really strange ....

• bakeandjake
    Could it be that your armor is damaged or broken? Or possible your weapons are not enchanted? That's a huge DPS loss. The lag will account for the slow animation but the damage should be the same. Make sure your crit is up cause maybe the game just wanted to mess with you and you didn't do any crits. I'm just guessing tbh, best of luck to you tho!
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for reply i still don't know what is happening , i did make sure everything was charged and repair and i was still doing the dps lower then usual ...

Honestly im not sure what is going but .. but its ok now. ive tried to do random vet and it was back as it was supposed to be .. i suspect that the 4 hits i think it is ? only 3 of them were hitting or something ? and thus my last hit was lower dps then usual.

however that still dose not explain the why the first hits were lower range .... i still don't know what has happen lol

maybe in CoS they have bigger resistance ? anyway i will keep an eye out on it and report back if there is any changes.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I once leveled a mule 30 levels with this type of issue. Then realized I hadn't spec'd CP. Ouch.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wreuntzylla

AHAHAHAHAHA i wish my problem was as simple but looks like its fixed we shall find out VMSA

• MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield got nerfed by 3% of the damage bonus it have. Since you were using rapid strikes I think that's what you're feeling. This also applies for magicka classes using dual wield.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield got nerfed by 3% of the damage bonus it have. Since you were using rapid strikes I think that's what you're feeling. This also applies for magicka classes using dual wield.

Well that might explain the de crease however this is before the patch and i don't think that patch is out on xbone yet.

really weird i was watching some VMA runs and they are doing 10k plus on the last hit and i was like wow... i want that , sience im not using the weapon pots or the weapon glyph i think i might be able to achieve that

at the moment my range is back around 6-7k however ive seen it sometimes drop to about 4-5k in the Vet CoS but in vet helra its 7k-8k sometimes more which is normal considering the buff from other people

really strange i suspect it has to do something with enemies in different dungeons maybe they have better defenses against physical damage and thus my damage is reduced