Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardest vMSA stage to learn AFTER first completion?

NinthPrince64
NinthPrince64
✭✭✭
Just curious, which stage do people find the hardest to master AFTER they have gotten their first clear under their belts?
Edited by NinthPrince64 on January 17, 2017 6:30PM

Hardest vMSA stage to learn AFTER first completion? 64 votes

Stage 1
0%
Stage 2
1%
Roach1990 1 vote
Stage 3
3%
AhzekAtraisMachina 2 votes
Stage 4
3%
SpliffoPaneross 2 votes
Stage 5
34%
ValveReorx_Holybeards7732425ub17_ESOsollbitelsShader_Shibesasneakybananaredspecter23paulsimonpsSploshkylewwefanMerkzz23HumatielBlackfyre20souravamiKisoValleyFoxicbubbyginkXxBradeyxXMasel 22 votes
Stage 6
3%
FrozenRhombus33Arthg 2 votes
Stage 7
51%
MorbashSolarikenArtisDeadlyReclusedsa.adab16_ESOStillianRajajshkaArtemiisiaj_sbakeandjakeVaohLord-OttoKris_wbgDarkninja_326jakeedmundson DankstaLuigi_VampaLadyNalcaryaZRTBandit1215 33 votes
Stage 8
0%
Stage 9
3%
GrigorijMalahevichCheepsNSalsa 2 votes
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    ice
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Stage 7
    Hi @NinthPrince64

Hope your runs have been prosperous.

I've voted for stage 7 mostly due to the mini-boss where you should be dropping the 2 archers at the same time to avoid giving the lizard any help. his aoe is strong and i often seem to have one of the summoners which explode the mushrooms happen around the same time he uses his extremely powerful lightning aoe limiting my movement options.

Chance of getting 1 hit by the aoe or running into poison aoe seems high and if you dont deal with the archers correctly beforehand that only makes it worse.

The main Boss i do not have any issue with, nor with any of the trolls at the end of each round.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 5
    Ice I would say, but here is not much "learn" but random brutal damage together with ranged "fear"

on the other side, I never had problems with 7th, passing it smoothly all the times. Boss is one of the easiest (not counting first arenas). Yea, flower can spawn right under you, but Voriak, who TP right in to the yellow ghost on the opposite part of the arena happens way more often.

anyway I still hate Voriak the most :#
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    None -

You can easily (cheese) every single round now :pensive:

Ice - Round 3 -4 / Defensive Sigil / Healing Sigil- Group 1 Defensive ( mid group no sigil ) last group Healing Sigil. Done
    Boss - Adds - Next Adds Healing - Last Adds Defensive/Power. Done

Round 7. You can LITERALLY sit in the clense pool on the rim and never get hit by flowers ( I have 40+ videos showing this to be true ) including boss round. The only hard bit is running no sigils with 3 rangers and sometimes bad flower rng HOWEVER if you just grab defensive sigil round 4 you can just LOLOLOL to the boss round.

Maelstrom IS my *^(!@#
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    soll wrote: »
    Ice I would say, but here is not much "learn" but random brutal damage together with ranged "fear"

on the other side, I never had problems with 7th, passing it smoothly all the times. Boss is one of the easiest (not counting first arenas). Yea, flower can spawn right under you, but Voriak, who TP right in to the yellow ghost on the opposite part of the arena happens way more often.

I suppose that depends on your luck. I've had stage 9 boss teleport to yellow ghosts exactly twice (neither of which mattered as he died anyway), while I've gotten flowers to spawn under me 3 times in a row once. Great times.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    Freaking flowers spawning and getting you under the dome.

Everything else is more or less within your control. Sure you can have some hiccups in stages 5 and 6 and sometimes stage 9. But the flowers getting you during the scream phase - that's something that can kill you out of nowhere.
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Stage 7
    Danksta wrote: »

I suppose that depends on your luck. I've had stage 9 boss teleport to yellow ghosts exactly twice (neither of which mattered as he died anyway), while I've gotten flowers to spawn under me 3 times in a row once. Great times.

^ yep this is me too buddy i feel your pain lol.
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    None -

Ice - Round 3 -4 / Defensive Sigil / Healing Sigil- Group 1 Defensive ( mid group no sigil ) last group Healing Sigil. Done

Round 7. You can LITERALLY sit in the clense pool on the rim and never get hit by flowers ( I have 40+ videos showing this to be true ) including boss round. The only hard bit is running no sigils with 3 rangers and sometimes bad flower rng HOWEVER if you just grab defensive sigil round 4 you can just LOLOLOL to the boss round.

Maelstrom IS my *^(!@#

If only stamblades were the ones with crit surge.... :wink:

Give me access to major brutality and crit heals every second anyday over wasting a slot on power extraction / sap essence for major brutality on a (what is it 13 second less?) shorter cooldown and *** aoe damage.

Stam sorc skills are so legit! hurricane does so many things.. i know nb can take mirage or double take for similar buffs with the access to evasion but i think id prefer the aoe damage along with toughness/speed. and the major expedition from double take lasts 4 seconds compared to minor from hurricane for 15 sec?

"Manifest yourself as pure lighting, zapping nearby enemies with electricity dealing [x] Physical Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds. The winds grow in damage and size, increasing up to 225% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.
    While in this form you also gain Major Resolve, Major Ward, and Minor Expedition, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 and your Movement Speed by 10%.
    Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Increases in size and damage the longer it is active. Grants Minor Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed."

Translation: Makes me want to change my sorc to stamina watching your videos @Lukums1 and leave my nightblade by the pool drinking beers while the sorc takes all his gear.

Not saying that maelstrom is hard for nightblades or anything, just that watching a stam sorc do it without using vigor 5000 times is awesome.

• j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    stage 7 because of the rng flowers
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    j_s wrote: »
    stage 7 because of the rng flowers

Which can be avoided by stepping 1m into the pool on every round and the boss round :smile: just saying.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

None -

Maelstrom IS my *^(!@#

Give me access to major brutality and crit heals every second anyday over wasting a slot on power extraction / sap essence for major brutality on a (what is it 13 second less?) shorter cooldown and *** aoe damage.

Stam sorc skills are so legit! hurricane does so many things.. i know nb can take mirage or double take for similar buffs with the access to evasion but i think id prefer the aoe damage along with toughness/speed. and the major expedition from double take lasts 4 seconds compared to minor from hurricane for 15 sec?

"Manifest yourself as pure lighting, zapping nearby enemies with electricity dealing [x] Physical Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds. The winds grow in damage and size, increasing up to 225% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.
    While in this form you also gain Major Resolve, Major Ward, and Minor Expedition, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 and your Movement Speed by 10%.
    Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Increases in size and damage the longer it is active. Grants Minor Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed."

Translation: Makes me want to change my sorc to stamina watching your videos @Lukums1 and leave my nightblade by the pool drinking beers while the sorc takes all his gear.

Not saying that maelstrom is hard for nightblades or anything, just that watching a stam sorc do it without using vigor 5000 times is awesome.

@Upright_man

Yep basically, NB is super dooper hard.

Even for me... someone who smashes sorc (no vigor), Dk.. stam 1 heal... nb is another beast all together.

However, general rules still apply... sigils at each moment will get you effectively a clear with minimal issues.
    NB is hard because you need to get cloak OR the major resistances (somehow) if that's you spamming surprise attack go for gold. :smile:

Sorc is just too easy... too straight forward with little to no dramas... it's nice to get completes on other classes but when you can put your head on your controller and rub your face all over it... and get a 40-45minute maelstrom clear... and a 565k score... why would you run anything else...
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Stage 7

None -

Maelstrom IS my *^(!@#

@Upright_man

Even for me... someone who smashes sorc (no vigor), Dk.. stam 1 heal... nb is another beast all together.

However, general rules still apply... sigils at each moment will get you effectively a clear with minimal issues.
    NB is hard because you need to get cloak OR the major resistances (somehow) if that's you spamming surprise attack go for gold. :smile:

Sorc is just too easy... too straight forward with little to no dramas... it's nice to get completes on other classes but when you can put your head on your controller and rub your face all over it... and get a 40-45minute maelstrom clear... and a 565k score... why would you run anything else...

Yeah exactly, it might be harder but its definitely achieveable with the right tactics. ive cleared it heaps now and yep suprise attack spam for the major resistances is awesome. None of my leaderboard rewards have been worth **** though XD.

Lmfao :joy: love the rub face tactic Luke, keep it up
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

None -

Maelstrom IS my *^(!@#

@Upright_man

Yeah exactly, it might be harder but its definitely achieveable with the right tactics. ive cleared it heaps now and yep suprise attack spam for the major resistances is awesome. None of my leaderboard rewards have been worth **** though XD.

Lmfao :joy: love the rub face tactic Luke, keep it up

This week reward was:

Sharpen Dagger
    Power Resto
    Sharpen 2H Sword

I was... impressed lol.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Stage 7
    @Lukums1

Dude! how lucky are you! i still need one more sharpened dagger but all i get is ice staff, resto staff, bow in crap traits XD

Congratulations even though id imagine you probably already had all of those in previous runs.
    Edited by Upright_man on January 18, 2017 1:48AM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current bank is: 16 sharp daggers, 2 sharp flame, 2 sharp light, 1 sharp ice, 22 sharp axe, 9 sharp bow, 5 sharp 2h (deleted the rest).

Just goes to show after 500-1000 runs... the rng isn't really there is it :open_mouth:
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Stage 5
    Stage 5 due to the high incoming ranged damage. Depends on the class though, on a mag dk it's really easy due to wings.

I'd say 7 is on par with 5, RNG deaths still occur sometimes.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    Stage 7 can truly catch you offguard. Never easy to run through this Stage safely.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 6
    I hate the spider on Stage 6.
    It's become a psychological issue, really.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stage 5
    Stage 5 and 7 is toughest to get through flawlessly not because they're tough, but because of the *** rng associated with thses 2 stages.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 3
    I voted stage 3 cause i spent most of my time in vMA back when the stranglers were bugged to oblivion (huehue).
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 3
    souravami wrote: »
    Stage 5 and 7 is toughest to get through flawlessly not because they're tough, but because of the *** rng associated with thses 2 stages.

Isnt the only RNG in stage 5 which platform the trolls will run to ?
    Considering how easy it is to get to them and kill/interrupt them in time I dont see a problem there.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stage 7
    Stage 7 has the highest probability for deaths beyond your control. Poison spawning under shield gg.
    PC/EU DC
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    Every time I run stage 7 I get a spore that spawn in the bbble and I die. Honestly if it wasn't for that ring factor that stage wouldn't even be hard. I guess that makes it a good and bad thing they spawn randomly. Still frustrating.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Stage 7 has the highest probability for deaths beyond your control. Poison spawning under shield gg.

It's actually within you're control.

Prob should watch my vids :wink:

You can stand in certain locations to never get flowered, rangers do however have to be dealt with one way or another though.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    Current bank is: 16 sharp daggers, 2 sharp flame, 2 sharp light, 1 sharp ice, 22 sharp axe, 9 sharp bow, 5 sharp 2h (deleted the rest).

Just goes to show after 500-1000 runs... the rng isn't really there is it :open_mouth:

lol why u keeping 22 sharp axes :D u planing on making a garage sale`?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

@Artemiisia I like streaming on twitch, when people go " what vma weapons you have "

It's fun scrolling through 80 sharpen weapons. The tears... oh the tears :smiley: haha in all serious it's all for good fun!
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7
    I wanna change my answer to that stupid ass ice place. Honestly those archer are the worst things ever.

I just experienced 7 again lol
    Edited by GawdSB on January 25, 2017 7:08PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7

@Artemiisia I like streaming on twitch, when people go " what vma weapons you have "

It's fun scrolling through 80 sharpen weapons. The tears... oh the tears :smiley: haha in all serious it's all for good fun!

Lol, I love that, im crying abit right now myself for not having gotten any sharpen weapons :D
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol, I love that, im crying abit right now myself for not having gotten any sharpen weapons :D

@Artemiisia Oh gosh sorry! lol.

All... silly RNG always has been... just I myself was lucky in my instance.

But then you watch someone clear it first time and drop sharpen flame staff.

That was the funniest moment I've seen on twitch (and most angry if you ask me)

HAHA yay, I got it! Now I don't have to run it again LOLOLOL.

Oh my god, fun times.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion