Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

When to join a trading guild?

symbiotica
symbiotica
Soul Shriven
I have been playing about a month now, when would you suggest joining a trading guild? I have not yet started really crafting or farming items but I plan to once I get to 160+. Would you suggest waiting until after 160 when armor/weapon items found are worth selling, or earlier to learn the system first?
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Once your able to obtain things of value most major ones in populated areas charge players 5k a week to maintain their turf.

I say make a character and level them to 50 hit skyshards doesn't need to be crazy or all of them. Then rip them dry and remove all there points and use it for all your crafting. Farm raw materials then refine them. You'll get tempering alloys 15 to 17 k each from refining ore

You get dreugh wax for clothing and medium armor material which is 5 to 7k and rosin from wood which values the same. Being a crafter there is a perk to make refining for these more common. Farming flowers is money too lady smock is practically 400 to 500 each 10 can sell for 3k as well as columbine. You can also get a decent change of finding a few Kuta runes a day which go 5 to 8k

Or for now you can sell stacks of raw material for roughly 10k for low grade to 20k for higher grade and most people won't spend for gear unless it's indemaned and cp160 so until u hit that level gear farm is pretty much useless.

Basically join whenever you can even now before you get a crafter and sell some raw material stacks flowers and runes to make your money, it's worth paying the 5k a week for a trader trust me you put anything I mentioned in here at the lower end you'll make bank and most will make your weekly fee and more in a single find.

I walk away with 100k a day easy just selling this stuff. Also these are ps4 Na prices so things may vary based on console and server just make sure your traders are in major cities like wayrest, eldenroot, and deshan.
    Edited by Gulkrim-mur on January 17, 2017 3:44AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that you could/should join early if you want to play the sales game. Store management is tedious for some...it might take a while to figure out if you want to sell, or what.

You want to find a guild that consistently earns a trader, and earns one in a good location. It's not worth $5k per week for a trader in Baandari, IMO. If I'm paying substantial dues, I want to be in Rawlkha, Elden Root, Mournhold or Wayrest. There are trade guilds that rely on donations or low dues...you might consider these as a trial run with a trade guild. They might be in places like Marbruk, Windhelm, Ebonheart, Daggerfall...these locations still have decent sales.

It is relatively simple to fund your trade guild dues...usually 5k per week for good locations. For example, there are many quests in the game that reward valuable motifs:

- hews bane thieves guild daily raid rewards thieves guild motifs, $15k each.
    - The repeatable hews bane pickpocket/crime spree rewards abahs watch 1 in 5, $40-$60k
    - Gold Coast world boss dailies reward Minotaur or Order Hour 1 in 7, $30-$70k
    - Gold Coast dark bro daily raid from speaker offers dark brotherhood motif, $20-$30k
    - Wrothgar world boss or delve dailies reward malacath amd trinimac 1 in 4, $15-$30k, and also potentially valuable briarheart gear.

Earning any 1-2 of these in a month will pay for your guild, and obviously you could run way more if you're saving up.