Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Magicka sorcerer dps build

Darkdama
Darkdama
Soul Shriven
Is there any good and easy build for it?For group pve and also for single pve?Would be good if it is same build.
What doesnt kill me makes me stronger
  • Darkdama
    Darkdama
    Soul Shriven
    forgot to mention im not even cp160 yet
  • XxBradeyxX
    XxBradeyxX
    ✭✭✭
    5 julianos all divines
    3 willpower jewlery all spell power enchant
    2 magnus(head and shoulder)
    Destro staff sharpened
    Resto staff presise
    Thief Mundus stone
    Edited by XxBradeyxX on January 15, 2017 4:43PM
  • Darkdama
    Darkdama
    Soul Shriven
    i meant skill build not gear but thanks i guess lol
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Front bar:
    Cfrag Forcepulse curse aegis innerlight destro ulti or meteor
    Backbar:
    Wall of element liquid Lightning shield aegis surge or inner light overload/meteor
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as example:

Front Bar
    1. Crystal Fragment (Crystal Shards morph) you cast it only when you proc it by casting other magica skills, then you get lower cost and extra dmg
    2. Force Pulse or Crushing Shock (Force Shock morphs) your main spam skill, Force Pulse give you more dmg, Crushing Shock allowed you to interupt enemies on range- choose whatever you think suits you better
    3. Boundless Storm (Lightning Form morph) dmg + extra resistance + extra speed
    4. Inner Light (Mage Light morph) extra magica + spell crit
    5. Bound Aegis (Bound Armor morph) extra magica + resistance
    Ulti- Shooting Star (Meteor morph) gives you extra magica becouse of the Mages Guild skill line passive and deal heavy dmg

Back bar
    1. Liquid Lightning (Lightning Splash morph) your best AoE DoT- use it in trash fights and boss fights
    2. Elemental Blockade (wall of elements morph) second best AoE DoT, as above
    3. Power Surge (Surge Morph) extra spell dmg + healing on crits
    Ulti- Elemental Rage (Elemental Storm morph) trash destroyer

Boundless Storm should give you some extra protection when you will be learing mechnics and tactics in dungeons, if it wont be enought you can always switch it to shield- Hardened Ward or Harness Magica, but im not sure if you will need it.
    You can build easy to follow rotation based on that skill bars:
    Power Surge -> Liquid Lightnig -> Elemental Blockade -> switch to front bar -> weaving Light attack with Force Pulse/Crushing Shock, cast Frag when it proc
    after about 9sec of weaving, switch to second bar- reapply LL & EB (u wanna have them up 100% time) and then go back to front bar and back to weaving.
    LL & EB lasting for 9 and 10 sec, so every third cast, reapply Power Surge (last for 33 sec).
    Boundless Storm is on your front bar so cast it between weaves, whenever it ends.

After you gain more exp you can switch towards more meta builds (see Alcast, Yolo or StreakOne videos).
    And you might wanna check video from Alcast about Animation Canceling
    https://youtu.be/9ZYoEztDilE

But dont be afraid to experiment yourself, change whatever you like, try new options, see what will works best for you :)
    Edited by bitels on January 16, 2017 10:14AM
  • Darkdama
    Darkdama
    Soul Shriven
    bitels wrote: »
    Just as example:

Front Bar
    1. Crystal Fragment (Crystal Shards morph) you cast it only when you proc it by casting other magica skills, then you get lower cost and extra dmg
    2. Force Pulse or Crushing Shock (Force Shock morphs) your main spam skill, Force Pulse give you more dmg, Crushing Shock allowed you to interupt enemies on range- choose whatever you think suits you better
    Ulti- Shooting Star (Meteor morph) gives you extra magica becouse of the Mages Guild skill line passive and deal heavy dmg

Back bar
    1. Liquid Lightning (Lightning Splash morph) your best AoE DoT- use it in trash fights and boss fights

Boundless Storm should give you some extra protection when you will be learing mechnics and tactics in dungeons, if it wont be enought you can always switch it to shield- Hardened Ward or Harness Magica, but im not sure if you will need it.
    Power Surge -> Liquid Lightnig -> Elemental Blockade -> switch to front bar -> weaving Light attack with Force Pulse/Crushing Shock, cast Frag when it proc
    after about 9sec of weaving, switch to second bar- reapply LL & EB (u wanna have them up 100% time) and then go back to front bar and back to weaving.
    LL & EB lasting for 9 and 10 sec, so every third cast, reapply Power Surge (last for 33 sec).
    Boundless Storm is on your front bar so cast it between weaves, whenever it ends.

After you gain more exp you can switch towards more meta builds (see Alcast, Yolo or StreakOne videos).

But dont be afraid to experiment yourself, change whatever you like, try new options, see what will works best for you :)

thanks bitels tho i dont have meteor spell :( didnt raised my mages guild to max yet have no friends to play with me which means no help lol but thanks
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdama wrote: »
    Just as example:

Front Bar

Back bar

thanks bitels tho i dont have meteor spell :( didnt raised my mages guild to max yet have no friends to play with me which means no help lol but thanks

Just collect the blue book plenty of maps online. Don't need friends for those.
  • Darkdama
    Darkdama
    Soul Shriven
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Just as example:

Front Bar

Back bar

i meant friends to play with me in general this game lol
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as example:

Front Bar

Back bar

I know what you meant I was just saying the Mages Guild skill line is easy. You won't need any partners to find the books. What platform are you on?
  • Darkdama
    Darkdama
    Soul Shriven
    Just as example:

Front Bar

Back bar

I know what you meant I was just saying the Mages Guild skill line is easy. You won't need any partners to find the books. What platform are you on?

PC-EU megaserver