The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VMA broken

bakeandjake
So I've been trying to get a flawless run, mind you I'm on XB1 but it seems as if the game hates me, I've recorded so many videos of me dying, after the arena is done, or my favorite one is I have a video of the final boss on 0 health yet some how he did not die and instead killed me even tho he didn't have health, all this grind for the shittiest of drops my best drop was a nirnhorned resto staff :/ it's quite annoying I must say, but by far the worst is the game lagging after each kill does anyone know if they plan on fixing this anytime soon?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bake,

I have a number of videos on my twitch page which has exactly this issue.

However I don't die because I generally... know what to expect haha.

If it's on 0, you can bash for the kill which 100% works.

The boss sits on 0 even if you continue your rotation... (not good) so what you'll need to do is bash to stop this occurring.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• bakeandjake
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Hello Bake,

The boss sits on 0 even if you continue your rotation... (not good) so what you'll need to do is bash to stop this occurring.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I've beat the arena several times already, I'm just being greedy and trying to get flawless. I'm on xb1 btw lol
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bake,

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I've beat the arena several times already, I'm just being greedy and trying to get flawless. I'm on xb1 btw lol

All good mate, I myself play on PS4 so I know all about the console struggle.

EDIT: Are you playing a Stam Sorc? @bakeandjake
    Edited by Lukums1 on January 13, 2017 4:05AM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had times I've died from the last boss aoe, and it's been a couple seconds after it's happened. I'm fighting and everything then I just drop.

I get hit by things even when outside of the red circles... VMA is hard enough, but ZOS then has to add on lag and these bugs to go along with it. Only to get a powered trait weapon in the end.
  • bakeandjake
    Hello Bake,

All good mate, I myself play on PS4 so I know all about the console struggle.

EDIT: Are you playing a Stam Sorc? @bakeandjake

Sorry for the late reply, no I'm on mag sorc keep getting *** drops :/
  • bakeandjake
    GawdSB wrote: »
    I had times I've died from the last boss aoe, and it's been a couple seconds after it's happened. I'm fighting and everything then I just drop.

I get hit by things even when outside of the red circles... VMA is hard enough, but ZOS then has to add on lag and these bugs to go along with it. Only to get a powered trait weapon in the end.

Lol you feel me?! It takes about an hour to complete (assuming no crashes) just to get *** traits, or useless weapons with awesome traits I got 3 nirnhorned resto staffs in a row -.-
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on Xbox and always, without fail disconnect during round 5 or 6. Load back in dead.

Every single time I do VMA.
  • bakeandjake
    lol I want to say one of the worst things is on the final boss when you're up on that platform and have to break the crystals, is then never ending DOT it puts on you.. 125k..
  • bakeandjake
    For a mag build it's easy, just put on a damage shield. But for my Stamblade... vigor vigor vigor and more vigor, dead
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol I want to say one of the worst things is on the final boss when you're up on that platform and have to break the crystals, is then never ending DOT it puts on you.. 125k..

On my stam blade I have no problem with that dot. I just keep reapplying vigor and I'm fine. I know it's different for magicka characters but just saying.
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the best when you're on the crystal phase then you get stunned and killed when you weren't even standing in the red circle. Its also infuriating when in standing behind the rock before it blows up but I still get knocked down.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    What you can do against lag if 1 enemy dies is: type: /reloadui in your text-chat-window.

This should solve the Problem.
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do reloadui all the time and it still doesnt work. I also clear out my quests, reduce inventory and mail and it still lags out all the timel. In fact it seems even worse these last few weeks. My last run I had 8 vitality and 7 of my death were pure lag based BS. My best run I had 11 vitality and 2 of the deaths were utter crap (1 was me being a bozo tbh)

It is so freaking frustrating when you know your deaths have nothing to do with your performance.

I get so jealous when I watch these PC streams and see how smooth the game runs. Xbox is such a handicap.
    Edited by montiferus on February 17, 2017 5:49PM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why but it seems the lag more when i use a dw/bow run. Seems like the animations tend to bug out then everything freezes and i die..
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has zenimax commented at all on the poor performance of maelstrom arena? Any plans (lol, I know, I know) to fix in the near or distant future?
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    I do reloadui all the time and it still doesnt work. I also clear out my quests, reduce inventory and mail and it still lags out all the timel. In fact it seems even worse these last few weeks. My last run I had 8 vitality and 7 of my death were pure lag based BS. My best run I had 11 vitality and 2 of the deaths were utter crap (1 was me being a bozo tbh)

It is so freaking frustrating when you know your deaths have nothing to do with your performance.

I get so jealous when I watch these PC streams and see how smooth the game runs. Xbox is such a handicap.

Just want you to know that this happens to me on PC all the time.

I have a good pc and internet connection but get some absolutely crazy lag in vMA for some reason.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zero lag ever... and I'm on PS4....

I think I'm just one of the super lucky ones though plenty of complaining going around and rightly so.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bakeandjake I feel your pain. If you want to shoot for Flawless Conqueror, you might consider running a high survivability build. DPS is important, but you have to be able to protect against lag spikes and crappy RNG (mushrooms! GRR).

I invite you to look at my Youtube channel, I've got a build that I put together specifically for Flawless VMA and it works brilliantly. It's very tweakable for a stamblade.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAbMfer9-OBxusZjS5aEKkg

Happy flawless achievement!
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I used to restart Xbox after every round. Worked for me haha.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    Yeah it's a pain in the ass. What worked for me is using sigils more for the flawless run. My stamplar was easy peasee, but my magicka nightblade which doesn't have the best gear is a pain. (I have every sharpened weapon except a fire staff... the only one I really want)

in my opinion the round with the poison flowers and archers is the hardest part with getting flawless. I breeze through entire arena except that round. The RNG is ridiculoud.... I broke my first elite controller when VMA first came out on that posion round lol

Also run more health, I feel at least 18 to 20k because of the lag with consoles. It helps alot
    Edited by KoreanAwtamatic on February 25, 2017 5:39PM
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Flawless runs happen when you're paying attention and adapting to that ridiculous buggy arena.

Last boss isn't dead at zero%? Charge heavy attack or bash.

Dc after round 5? Turn off Xbox before portal and keep score!

15/15 but no title? iPhone pic!

But srsly, empty inventory, respec and only use skill points necessary (don't use all 300 just the 90 u need), power cycle Xbox beforehand, when you try for flawless, go for a low score. Spam sigils the first time. For magic users, consider Tristat food because it saves your life so much. Weapons won't swap, drink a potion. If the game stutters after an add dies, /relodui. Disable the following: chat box, QUEST LOG (abandon all, even maelstrom to get rid of 5-6 dc) turb map markers off, party notifications off, music off footsteps off, pets that aren't sorc pets off, turn incoming healing numbers off, and use an Ethernet cable instead of wifi :)
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.