The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 gripes about rubedite...

xeoneexb14_ESO
xeoneexb14_ESO
✭✭✭
First is: Why on earth does it have to be red -_- with no way to change the color of this material everything I make that I can't dye, aka weapons, looks blech. I sure hope they allow weapon dying or color changing.

Second: Not so much a gripe than an actual question. Why does it take way more materials to make CP 160 gear than 150? I don't see the logic in this.
John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the red coloring is not great, I do hope they add weapon dying at some point.

As for the other, its for the same reason it costs 8 gold tempers to guarantee legendary over 4 purples for epic. CP160 is the best you can get, and you have to put the work in to get it, any of the highest tier items in ESO seem to be this way, while its not logical in a reality sense, its logical in a work extra hard to have top gear sense. It looks daunting at first, but its really not that bad to save up the mats to make 160 gear. Make a couple alts, do the base writs and start racking up the surveys to hand in with your crafting character.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that it should go up, but going from 15 to 150 pieces was such an extreme jump from cp 150 to cp160.
    I ended up spending gold on material, because it was taking me a long time in farming metal and leather. I was almost cp 170 and still had nowhere near enough material for a new set of clothes and daggers.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    I understand that it should go up, but going from 15 to 150 pieces was such an extreme jump from cp 150 to cp160.
    I ended up spending gold on material, because it was taking me a long time in farming metal and leather. I was almost cp 170 and still had nowhere near enough material for a new set of clothes and daggers.

Thus, you keep playing the game... Carrot, stick, all that. When you accumulate enough after settling on a build for a while, you can sell your surplus or hoard it for next update with new sets etc. It wasn't easy for me either. Writs, Farming, get your rubewhatever. The 2x Wrothgar event was awesome to stockpile mats.

Wait until you try to gold out 4 metal weapons, the rubedite cost is puny next to that. Writs help so much. Keep at them for weeks and they will pay for themselves.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really is quite daunting at first but farming 100 unrefined rubedite in an hour isn't very tough these days. This stuff used to cost like 1000 gold a piece a year ago. If you really want the gear just becoming a farming zombie for about a week. You'll have more than enough.

Side note: I bet that CP 180 gear will one day cost like 1500 pieces of stupidium each.
  • Alpha_Soul
    It's not too bad at all. I used to have problems collecting it but with gathering perk and grabbing every one I find things go smoother.