Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Level 50 resubbed - stopped at Craglorn - How do i get back on track?

fragnotb16_ESO
So i played alot when the game launched, and i think i was level 50 vr10, then i stopped for various reasons. Now id love to try it out again, and i resubbed to be eso+ member.

There's just so many new things, i dont even know where to start.

If it helps, im level 50 with 100 Champion points.

Can someone help me back on track ?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey. Welcome back.

The game has changed a lot, and mostly it has improved, but I don't know where to start with recomendations.

Have you done the dlc? Each one introduces new function's, especially thieves guild which gives us the justice system (or as much as we get). Wrothgar and dark brothe hood are beautiful zones that each hint at where the main story is heading, and craglorn is more solo-abe.

Every thing is scaled to cp level 160 now, so you can go anywhere at anytime BUT as you are approaching that level you may find things are getting more difficult and not easier(you are getting scaled up less and less). At level 160 you can get end game max level gear and the game gets easier again.

Stay away from world bosses unless you are with a group. Try and improve the quality of your weapons as much as possible as it really affects damage.

There are stamina morphs for many class skills (I think this changed after ICP) so stamina characters are far more viable. Focus entirely on either magic or stamina for the best results.

Let me know if there was something more specific you wanted to know.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Every thing is scaled to cp level 160 now, so you can go anywhere at anytime BUT as you are approaching that level you may find things are getting more difficult and not easier(you are getting scaled up less and less). At level 160 you can get end game max level gear and the game gets easier again.

I'm like CP 205 as a Nord Templar and I'm currently just using random heavy armor I get from loot while questing. What end-game armor should I be looking to get to make things easier?
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey - welcome back! Well, a lot has changed - such as the removal of vet ranks and scaling up to the world level of CP160 (if you are less). And the DLC's (which you have from subbing). Yes - all zones are now CP160, and you can't over level anything. So feel free to go back to anywhere and pick up anything you may have missed (check your achievements) and still get XP and drops.

Craglorn got a makeover so that the mechanics that required groups was removed (though the difficulty may say otherwise). They reset the quests and stuff, so maybe if you left off there it would be a good place to pick back up and get reacquainted. But Wrothgar is a great DLC - pick up the quest in an alliance capitol and head there. Lots to do.

You were probably even out before soft caps were removed? If so, stacking all stats in either magicka or stamina is generally the thing to do - unless maybe you're a tank. Maybe best to jump in and see what doesn't make sense then come back for more specific questions.

• PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Remag_Div Once you're CP 160, browse every guild trader for Epic (Purple) gear. You'll will find so many sets for sale. You can find set gear for 1000 gold each and some times less if it's a very common set. The cheapest and common ones you'll find at guild traders are Willpower, Endurance, Agility, Fury, etc.

You can easily buy 5 of 2 different sets for under 20K or less, including matching jewelry. You just have to go shopping.

Elden Root, Wayrest and Mournhold have the strongest guilds for trading, which means more competition and cheaper prices.

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing