Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what are trader guilds?

dinogamer14miku
i was simply looking for a guild that had nice and supportive people to have fun with and I'm noticing a lot of trader guilds. I had joined one and noticed a lot of marketing things for which I'm not very good at comprehending. Can somebody explain exactly what trade guilds are and what they are for etc? :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some guilds exist for one reason to buy and sell from and to other players. That is their reason for existence and it is nice to be member of at least one of them.

There are also Social Guilds, and those can have stores. All it takes is 50 Members to have a store.

Some guilds get Kiosks to sell to non guild members, but it does not need to be a trading guild for that. My social guilds get Kiosks as often as the Trading Guilds I am in do.

You can make money doing both. You can also socialize in both.
    Edited by Nestor on January 9, 2017 9:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Trading guilds maintain trading kiosks in cities throughout the map where it's members can sell their wares to the general population. The most popular kiosks are in Rawl'kha in Reaper's March and in the 3 capitols. (Elden Root, Wayrest, and Mournhold) They are bid on weekly on Sunday night. The larger ones tend to be full of active members (most of the bigger trading guilds have inactivity polices and many have minimum sales requirements because bidding on guild traders can be quite expensive) are often quite social, I am in 4. it is not unusual to see members asking for PC's (price checks) in guild chat and if you are on PC, other members responding with M.M (Master Merchant addon) prices. Many trade guilds have social events besides offering guild traders, including raffles, auctions, trivia contests, hide and seek games, trials runs, etc. Many of the players in trading guilds are long-time players and can be a good source of info on the game for newer players, don't be afraid to ask any questions you have in guild chat.
    Edited by Vonovosi on January 9, 2017 9:07PM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • dinogamer14miku
    alright i'll take you guys tips to heart, thank you!