Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do you think we should be able to combine lower level tempers into higher level ones?

megnin
megnin
✭✭✭
For example convert/or "refine" 10 green tempers into 1 blue temper. 10 blue to 1 purple, etc. Maybe 5 to 1? We accumulate lots of the lower level tempers and it takes relatively fewer of them to upgrade gear, so they accumulate faster than the higher level ones.
Edited by megnin on January 9, 2017 4:11PM

Do you think we should be able to combine lower level tempers into higher level ones? 66 votes

Yes. Convert some multiple of lower level tempers into one of the next higher level.
74%
GilvothMojmirNewBlacksmurfDhukathLark82THEDKEXPERIENCEKaaldeinSorataArisugawaTerraDewBerryRobbmrpmitebaTechkey1EdziuAuricleZaldanMissBizzBouldercleaveTorresiusPreyfarAetherderius 49 votes
No.
25%
kwisatzthomas1970b16_ESOSoellaUntrustedExistenzGilGaladArtemiisiaZouniThePonzzzredspecter23AkrasjelOompuhsummitxhoLindsC STEVILManDraKEWhite wabbitlordhakai 17 votes
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Convert some multiple of lower level tempers into one of the next higher level.
    I don't see much harm in this so long as the ratio of conversion is not too wonky.

That way it wouldn't decimate the value of gold tempers by having them become TOO common while also allowing some more use from the stockpile of lower tiered ones many people have.

Thus they'll add a means to counteract strict RNG which many people desire by having everything at least work towards the end goal instead of being a neat waste of time.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is kind of great. Good thinking.

Converting 300 blues into 30 purples and then 3 golds is hardly economy breaking and could actually pump up the low level mats in value.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought this was a good idea, especially in Enchanting. Ta's are only useful for writs and Jejotas are only useful for leveling up enchanting (because it has the highest experience bonus relative to its tier).

Now they'll be used for crafting furniture recipes, but I still think this is a good idea.

I would say though that it would have to be 'traded in for' not 'converted into' when it comes to immersion and whatnot. I doesn't really make sense that grain solvent turns into alloy, for example.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I've always thought this was a good idea, especially in Enchanting. Ta's are only useful for writs and Jejotas are only useful for leveling up enchanting (because it has the highest experience bonus relative to its tier)
    You can't even give away Ta. I've just vendored like 2,000+ Ta because I had no other use for it. They're so ridiculously common. So yeah, I'd be all for a system to combine and upgrade mats (50:1, even 100:1).
    Edited by Preyfar on January 9, 2017 11:08PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I've always thought this was a good idea, especially in Enchanting. Ta's are only useful for writs and Jejotas are only useful for leveling up enchanting (because it has the highest experience bonus relative to its tier)
    You can't even give away Ta. I've just vendored like 2,000+ Ta because I had no other use for it. They're so ridiculously common. So yeah, I'd be all for a system to combine and upgrade mats (50:1, even 100:1).

*cough*
    EHmAg3t.png
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep no idea why it wasn't already a possibility with some update
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    At at 17:1 turnin ratio, I'll agree with this.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

*cough*
    EHmAg3t.png

You got to much stuff
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    lol I said something like this in another post.

But, yes.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea. I like it, especially with the new master writs coming out this would be very handy.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

*cough*
    EHmAg3t.png

You got to much stuff

#CraftBag :D
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought hell no but with the master writ changes I am starting to think maybe it will be needed.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    *cough*
    EHmAg3t.png

Good lord that's a lot of stuff.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this ability, it would bring down the cost of gold tempers while increasing the costs of the lower ones. It would make it a lot easier to get the higher mats for sure. Doubtful it will happen though.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The problem has been solved by introducing furniture. Not sure about Ta, but everything else will be in high demand
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough*
    EHmAg3t.png

Jesus and I thought I farmed alot. I vendored 30k alkahest.