Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Player- Has Questions

Vizier
Vizier
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey- Thanks in advance for your responses.

Returned to ESO a couple weeks ago after about 17 months absence. My favorite class is NB, while playing Solo or small group PvP. Now that I'm back a couple weeks and getting the feel for the ole girl a bit there's a couple things I'd like some clarification on.

Bow- Hitting in PvE harder than ever. Hitting in PvP weaker than ever, even vs medium and light armored folks. Khajiit, All Stam with 30Kish Stamina pool. 5 x Morag Tong 5x Hunding's WD at 3400 and crit at 55%. Offhand actually at 3600 WD and 51% crit. Pieces are all purple but a mix between some newer 160 as in the Morag Tong. The Hunding's is split between 150 and 140. (I'm experimenting and so not going with making the full 160 until I settle on a build.)

So as stated my damage in PVE has been over the top. At the top end crit for 36,000. Everything melts. I know there has always been a difference in the damage dynamic between PvP and PVE. Impen, bubble-shields, resist etc. Even so when I left ESO my damage vs players with a Snipe from stealth was minimum 10K and High for between 20-30K. Now with far higher Weapon damage and comparable crit- little lower- I'm seeing a snipe hit for 1k to 10K. (rarely on the high end.)

I'm wondering what the deal is these day's with bows in PvP? Did they just nerf the hell out of them or is there something else going on with regard to Impen and resistances?

Second Question: I have a Magicka NB, Breton, All stats into Magicka 30Kish Magicka Pool. I've been experimenting with him because I never was happy with the Magic Damage stats. At the moment he just has a 5x Spinner- Blue 160, 5x Magnus, Blue 150. (again experimenting before I invest in full purple to gold cp160 stuff.) I recently redistributed my CP points after doing some research and noticing some changes regarding magic damage etc. I decided to post here with questions after noticing little to no change in Spell Damage Stats.) Magcka Damage is stuck around 1440 and won't seem to budge over that but I have seen increases in the spell damage on tool tips for skills. Can somebody PLEASE explain to me WTH is up with Magic Damage stats?) What am I doing wrong here? Cuz I'm definitely doing something way wrong. here.
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    impen is op and crit is pointless unless u are a stam sorc who uses surge but even then its not worth focusing on. pvp is all about burst and bow doesn't really give any apart from the ult so really its used as a back buff bar and never really a front bar, apart from it seems those annoying nb snipers who when u get out numbered rain down arrow after arrow onto you.

i mean snipe hits hard but the cast time lets u do alot and with heals and shields being so strong its easy to heal or shield up before the next hit.

spell dmg has always been low but magnus isnt a massive dmg set dont forget. and u are missing gold weaps but that is still low. most mag setups stack into max mag and with necro and spinner a mag nb can reach 50k easily so if you want mroe dmg go neco or drop magnus and go for a 5 piece that gives more spell dmg like rattlecage ect.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks. I'll look into that. I've been looking at Juliano's but don't have all the traits up for the pieces I want. I'll Add Necro to the list. Much obliged.

I'd heard there were some bugs with the right numbers updating in the UI, but not sure about that.

Was there a nerf to bows? Or did they just buff Impen?