The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Spaces in Character Names

cyanowl
cyanowl
Soul Shriven
Hi All - somewhat of a dumb question, but it's bothering me.

I play on XBOX ONE NA server. When I made my character, I most definitely put a space and a capitalized both words in the name, but when the character was created - it transformed the case of the name and removed the space...I ignored it and figured it was a limitation of the game - it was my first character..

However, I see lots of other players who have spaces in their character name.. so I'm pretty annoyed.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Is the only way to fix this, to buy a name change?
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would open up a ticket and see if Zos could fix it. Otherwise if your character is new you could try to recreate it, but if it's old namechange seems to be the only way to fix it unless you're willing to do everything again for that space.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spaces should work. They have for me on all 4 characters.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be an issue with me for sending text tells to other players. I have tried several times and for some reason I can never send a tell.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • cyanowl
    cyanowl
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys! Made an alt, and the space showed up just fine.. not sure what happened with my first, but I'm used to it now :disappointed:

The one difference I should note, is that when I made my character I did not have a chat pad, I typed using the on-screen xbox keyboard, and when I made my alt - it was with an xbox chat pad..