Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My disguise has disappeared

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
Hello everyone !
I'm a big fan of disguises and costumes here on ESO, and I just took the Veiled Choice quest in Auridon that gives you the Quendeluun Veiled Heritance Disguise.
Unfortunately, this disguise disappeared while I was wearing it, at the end of a fight ... it was removed from my disguise slot, but didn't end up in my Inventory, it just disappeared like that :o
I can't seem to take this quest again, and as it is a one-time gift from this quest I can't seem to get this disguise back...
Any idea on something I could do ?
Thanks !
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wear it in a fight ... in the same alliance in which you got it ... you risk losing it permanently.

Same thing happened to me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Really ?
    Woah ... they should at least tell us that ... is that a bug or is it a design decision ?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno why, it's been that way since launch...

The goblin gem, all the in-game costumes carry that same risk.

OTOH with one tamriel it's now easier to have your alt go grab another one
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    OTOH with one tamriel it's now easier to have your alt go grab another one
    Ok now I feel stupid, I didn't even think about that :p
    Those disguises are not bind on pick-up then, I didn't think to check that ?

Edited by Grazzt on January 8, 2017 7:25AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    accidental double post.... deleted

Edited by newtinmpls on January 8, 2017 8:34AM
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens against enemies that are supposed to be fooled by a disguise. The disguise is removed if you engage, any disguise actually, even if it's not the one for those mobs. Also some quests that give you a disguise will remove any disguise you are wearing when you turn in the quest.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just did the quest again with my alt, but ... the disguise was "bind on pick up", so now I can't give it to my main (which is the one character I would have liked to have this disguise on) :'(

Do you think it's worth submitting a support ticket to get this diguise back maybe ?
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    Grazzt wrote: »
    Well, I just did the quest again with my alt, but ... the disguise was "bind on pick up", so now I can't give it to my main (which is the one character I would have liked to have this disguise on) :'(

Do you think it's worth submitting a support ticket to get this diguise back maybe ?

bind on pickup means it is bound to your UID so you can put it in the bank and have an alt retrieve it from there. It's the same with bop weapons and armor.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, please stop making me feel stupid :p
    Well it shows I still have so many things to learn in this game, I'm logging right back in to transfer my disguise to my main character then !
    Thanks !!
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel stupid, you learn by asking question. Remember we were all NOOBS once B)
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.