Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Achievements required for houses & other info

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but having made a spreadsheet for myself I thought it might be helpful to share it as I've seen a few people asking for a list of the requirements for houses.

I've only listed the quest A Friend in Need - the one that gives you a free inn room - as a requirement for the free rooms, but you have to do it before you can buy any house with gold.

According to the purchase menu in-game there were no requirements for me to buy the apartments, but I'm not sure if this is because I'd already completed them. (It's unlikely, my only character on the NA server has just left Coldharbour and my template character hasn't done anything except preview houses but if anyone can confirm, or let me know what it is, that would be helpful.

Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mara's Kiss Public House Room - Auridon - Free: A Friend in Need (house quest)
  • Barbed Hook Private Room - Auridon - 11,000: None?
  • Snugpod - Grahtwood - 45,000: Reliquary Retriever achievement
  • Moonmirth House - Khenarthi's Roost - 50,000: Maormer's Bane achievement
  • Black Vine Villa - Malabar Tor - 54,000: Hero of Frond and Leaf achievement
  • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Malabar Tor - 71,000: Own the Imperial Edition
  • Bouldertree Refuge - Greenshade - 190,000: Spirit of the Bosmer achievement
  • Cliffshade - Greenshade - 255,000: Spirit of the Bosmer achievement
  • Sleek Creek House - Reaper's March - 335,000: Hallowed Moons achievement
  • The Gorinir Estate - Grahtwood - 780,000: Grahtwood Adventurer achievement
  • Mathiisen Manor - Auridon - 1,025,000: Auridon Adventurer achievement
  • Dawnshadow - Reaper's March - 1,275,000: Reaper's March Adventurer achievement
  • Strident Springs Demesne - Reaper's March - 1,280,000: Own the Imperial Edition
  • Serenity Falls Estate - Reaper's March - 3,775,000: Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion achievement

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Rosy Lion Inn Room - Glenumbra - Free: A Friend in Need (house quest)
  • Sisters of the Sands Apartment - Alik'r Desert - 12,000: None?
  • Captain Margaux's Place - Glenumbra - 56,000: Wyrd Friend achievement
  • Hammedeck End - Stormhaven - 65,000: Spirit Warden Champion achievement
  • Twin Arches - Bangkorai - 73,000: High King Emeric's Saviour achievement
  • Ravenhurst - Rivenspire - 260,000: Curse Breaker achievement
  • House of the Silent Magnifico - Alik'r Desert - 320,000: Consecrated Ground achievement
  • Mournoth Keep - Bangkorai - 325,000: End of Empire achievement
  • Gardner House - Stormhaven - 1,015,000: Rude Awakening achievement
  • Forsaken Stronghold - Bangkorai - 1,285,000: End of Empire achievement
  • Hunding's Palatial Hall - Stros M'kai - 1,295,000: Glenumbra Adventurer achievement
  • Daggerfall Overlook - Glenumbra - 3,780,000: Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant achievement

Ebonheart Pact
  • The Ebony Flask Inn Room - Stonefalls - Free: A Friend in Need (house quest)
  • Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret - Deshaan - 13,000: None?
  • Humblemud - Bal Foyen - 40,000: Hero of Bleakrock achievement
  • Autumn's Gate - The Rift - 60,000: Wormsquasher achievement
  • Kragrenhome - Stonefalls - 69,000: Sadal's Overthrower achievement
  • The Ample Domicile - Shadowfen - 195,000: Egg and Root achievement
  • Gyrmharth's Woe - Eastmarch - 280,000: Blood Feud achievement
  • Velothi Reverie - Deshaan - 323,000: Plague Eater achievement
  • Stay-moist Mansion - Shadowfen - 760,000: Shadownfen Adventuer achievement
  • Old Mistveil Manor - The Rift - 1,020,000: The Rift Adventurer achievement
  • Quondam Indorilia - Deshaan - 1,265,000: Deshaan Adventurer achievement
  • Ebonheart Chateau - Stonefalls - 3,785,000: Hero of the Ebonheart Pact Achievement

Domus Phrasticus - Craglorn - 295,000 - Own the Imperial Edition
Edited by Danikat on January 6, 2017 7:18PM
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is super helpful, thanks v much :)
    'Jobal kha'jay'
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus, is that the craglorn cavern?
    Xbox NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

No it's a house in Southern Craglorn.

I didn't include the cavern and the island because I was making the list to record gold prices and purchase requirements and those two can only be bought from the crown store.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, just an Imperial style house near Elinhir. The cavern will be Crown Store only I believe.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

Nope just the medium size Imperial home.
    Craglorn cavern is available via crown store, so apart from having irl money, no achievements there
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Gardner House be Stormhaven Adventurer, and Forsaken Stronghold be Bangkorai Adventurer? that would fit with the others, with small and medium requiring the zone main quest achievement, and large homes requiring the zone adventurer achievement.
    Edited by Skayaq on January 6, 2017 8:03PM
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    Shouldn't Gardner House be Stormhaven Adventurer, and Forsaken Stronghold be Bangkorai Adventurer? that would fit with the others, with small and medium requiring the zone main quest achievement, and large homes requiring the zone adventurer achievement.

Those two achievements are for finishing those zone's main quests. I'm not sure if that's intentional or an oversight, however.