Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do alchemy skills impact gathering at all?

OldGamerESO
OldGamerESO
✭✭✭
Are all alchemy plants basically random or will you start seeing more columbine with better alchemy skills?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how random spawns are, some plants seem to be more abundant in certain areas (nirnroot and water hyacinth always found by water, mushrooms/fungus under trees etc.).

Alchemy level has nothing to do with the visibility of plants as far as I know (apart from points into the keen eye passive).
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than keen eye and one of the Thief 10-point champion bonuses nothing increases invisibility or spawn rate. Thought yes, some places are better than others for gathering.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. From what I've seen, the only scaling resource nodes are for the clothier, blacksmithing, and woodworking skills. You'll see level-appropriate mats + the highest mat you can craft with. With alchemy specifically, the solvents you find will scale up. I don't think enchanting or provisioning has any changes as you skill it up in regards to what you can find from resource nodes.

If you're looking for anything specific, your best bet is looking up where that sort of reagent spawns and just farm the area for a while
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    They are all random, however some places are better for farming/gathereing than others. So no you will not see more columbine with better alchemy skills. Although there is a skill that will help you physically see the plants lol(keen eye), but if you know what you are looking for or are good at recognizing the plants then you don't need it, it does nothing for me so I don't use it, but it does make them easier to see for many others.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.