Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

NB help

jircris11
jircris11
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, i made a NB and i am having issues unlocking vigor (i am horrid at pvp and the adrenaline rush from it causes my heart to hurt so i am unable to do that for long periods of time) what would be another way to get heals in as a stam nb (dw/bow) i do not endgame or pvp (as mentioned) but even in normal PVE i seem to have trouble healing due to the lack of healing skills. (well good ones) the siphon one seems really lacking and now with the magika cost increase it will be harder to use.
IGN: Ki'rah
Khajiit/Vampire
DC/AD faction/NA server.
RPer
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Go two handed and use Rally for heals if you don't want to PVP.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Killer's Blade (morphed from Assassin's Blade) is a nice execute and when you kill an enemy with in 2 seconds of using it you heal for 20% of max health.

Mark Target reduces enemy resistances and lasts for 20 seconds. If you kill the marked enemy you heal for 40% of your max health. If morphed to Reaping Mark you heal for 60% of max health.

Twin Slashes and Flurry from the DW skill line both have healing morphs too.

For Ultimates you have the DW ultimate (never used it but hear it's good) and Soul Tether (morphed from Soul Shred in the Siphoning skill tree) that can heal you.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, early stamblade is squishy as all get-out.

As a DW-only NB, I use a rotation of a couple damage skills that also heal in the process:
    1. Morph Assassin's Blade to Killer's Blade. It's an awesome execute that also happens to heal you.
    2. Mark Target and its morphs. Yes, it's a magicka skill, but Major Fracture and Breach are worth it, and this, too, heals you when the target dies
    3. Morph Flurry to Bloodthirst. It's a stamina heal, and doesn't require you kill the target! Very good for spamming on high damage bosses like Harvesters.
    4. Once you get the Dual Wield Ultimate, it is a godsend. Massive DoT that heals you per damage tick? Very yummy.

For your build, I believe Archery has a healing ability too? The one that bounces enemies back with a boing sound?

Also, until you hit CP levels, start stealing bread off every table. If you're speccing for DPS, you're going to be really squishy, so having the extra HP is helpful.

Of course, all this isn't a problem if you find ways to kill quickly. If you can find a way to sneak up behind a boss for a big first hit, all the better. Easier said than done in the early game, I know. But usually, if you play around with your skills, you can find a way to beat even the hard ones. Tip: Don't underestimate the worth of Agony as a panic button on the hard single bosses. It gives you a nice long break to pop a potion, reapply some buffs, and get your resources up.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on January 6, 2017 3:10PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the information i should of mentioned i am CP 280. and i am maxed on cooking because nb NEEDS food lol.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor is really kinda necessary for a stamblade. Getting there takes about 85,000 AP all together. That's a bit...but consider it used to be like 800,000 AP. Barf. Anyway, you can get your 85,000 without doing much player fighting.

The least battle-intensive way involves some gold - repair walls. At 60 AP per repair, it takes about 1400 repairs, and at 90 gold per kit that's 125,000 gold. During busy times, go to the keeps on the sides of the map when your team owns them. There's almost always 2,000 AP worth of repairs at these keeps.

Another way is to assist in keep defense. Defense actually pays out tons of AP. Go to where big battles keep occurring. Help out with siege engines or repairs or heals. Feel free to hang back in the inner keep. If your team wins, stick around for a few thousand AP. If the keep is lost, just let the enemy kill you and then go find another defense game.

The third is to do the repeatable billboard quests...resource captures, scouting, etc. Go into an empty server where your team owns a good bit of the map, then do two or three scouts and a couple of resource captures. (With update 13, resource capture will be increased to 1,000 AP).

Using a combo of these, you can earn vigor on a character in four or five cyrodiil sessions, and barely ever fight another human. Commit...your nightblade will thank you.
  • Zendran
    Zendran
    ✭✭✭
    What faction is this? If I have time, I might be willing to just have you group me and leech AP from my kills if that would be easier.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC..and god does DC suck at grouping lol
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Zendran
    Zendran
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, well, you'd just be grouped with me alone since I don't play in groups really. I've done this before though, should be able to get you vigor in an hour or two even if you can't get any kills if the map is busy enough. Just send @Zendran a friend request and I'll try to get to it when I have time.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome thanks!
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh got to rank 4 and im 18k out of 60k. can not tell you how many times i died, ran out of AP for more repair kits so i logged off lol.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer