Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is with the rush from Dolmen to Dolmen?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
I've seen maybe 30-40 players on horses running from Wayshrine to Dolmen on a schedule or whatever...leveling up or farming? Sort of ruins the whole Dolmen thing. So many higher level players after too few goodies.....
I know nutting....
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are dolmen guild zergs. Some guilds are scamming newbies to believes dolmens are the best source of XP and items, and then charge upto 4k every hour for running with them.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both.

It is a great way to get XP and also farm a set you want for yourself or to sell now that above ground is all BoE.

When one goes down... one goes up so to speak. An endless supply of XP and loot.

Also a good way to level Fighter's Guild quicker... killing Deadra/undead.

Also a good way to get a migraine. :)
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm Idk bout that. Most people are farming jewelry to a specific set they need.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the hurry is to level up....faster you level the sooner the game is over. Enjoy it as it happens...the end will come sooner than you think?

THE END IS NEAR!
    I know nutting....
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Those are dolmen guild zergs. Some guilds are scamming newbies to believes dolmens are the best source of XP and items, and then charge upto 4k every hour for running with them.

Damn, really?

That's a shame.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a thing since One Tam came out, dolmens now drop set jewelry and people are farming them. It can be a tad annoying however, after being so very inactive for so long, it is kinda nice to see such liveliness.

Odd that, I havent seen anyone advertising such a thing.

OP, dont be duped and ever pay to join a group. There are plenty of ppl who group for fun and to help eachother. :)
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There's always someone with theories.

They drop jewellery. Purple jewellery is a pain to get, so it sells. Running from 1 to 2 to 3 means 1 is usually up by the time you finish 3. It can be a good way to make money.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the hurry is to level up....faster you level the sooner the game is over. Enjoy it as it happens...the end will come sooner than you think?

THE END IS NEAR!

LOL Yeah, some of us have been here a very long time and have played the absolute hell outta the game, when you are leveling your 50th alt, sometimes you just wanna get where you are goin! :D
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 'farming' for set jewelry, I'll often park at a dolmen and clear it 2-4 times. Any more gets really tedious. I enjoy dolmens when there is a moderate number of players (5-10) or so because is lets my elf practice her primary role of healer/support without the same 'responsibility' that comes with being the assigned healer for a group. A fun change of pace and gradually nets the jewelry I'm looking for.

I'm just never in enough of a hurry to try to zip from one dolmen to another though. I don't mind looking for resources or even playing the flute while waiting for a dolmen to open.

I've only encountered one big dolmen group (of like 25) but they were camped at one dolmen sharing bankers/merchants between anchors. They invited me to join (with no strings) which I did for a couple cycles.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them just stand in the middle of it doing nothing. some don't even get off their horse. Do these people still get reward?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THE END IS NEAR!

If you're here for the end game content then the faster you level up the faster you can play the game.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THE END IS NEAR!
    I beg to differ. Every time I start a new character, I mostly just think about how much I want to do group dungeons and PvP, rather than muckering about in questlines.

Plus, as of One Tamriel, quests are my level regardless of what level I am, so power leveling doesn't even hurt my potential to quest.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 6, 2017 3:51PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    In 'farming' for set jewelry, I'll often park at a dolmen and clear it 2-4 times. Any more gets really tedious.
    Haha, damn. I'm a machine. I'll do it nonstop for like 4 hours straight!
    Veræn → XB1/NA