The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Magickasteal make Radiant Aura worth it?

leothedino
leothedino
✭✭✭✭
I really feel atm, as a support, it's hard to give magicka users something that is as good as shards for their resources. Before it was a case of taking repentance as the third ability morph in Restoring Light, it was free to cast and gave a nice heal and stamina and just using the necrotic orb morph to try and help with peoples magicka. What with the change to Radiant Aura ability in Patch 13 (currently on the PTS), and the new Magickasteal buff, is it now worth it?

Best Answer

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put it on my stamplar just to use to draw agro when I am grinding. Works pretty well.
    Answer ✓
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about radiant aura, but elemental drain's magickasteal is very useful.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP it's very good if you can stand in groups. I would try running a full tank build with heavy armor. You can easily sustain all of your resources and run other skills so you can hold block longer. As long as there's people around, you can sustain around 2k regen PER SECOND if there's 5 people around. It works through mist form and ice staff block because it isn't straight up magicka recovery.

The only issue is that it can be purged, meaning a good group will purge your radiant aura if they know when you use it. Otherwise it's very useful. At least in PvP.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorta answered this for myself, put it on my Templar and my casters are loving it! The tank too, this morph is amazing and with the use of shards too, it makes for very balanced resource management.