Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dark Elf nightblade

RobinEF7
RobinEF7
Soul Shriven
So I made a Night blade dark elf thinking it would be a good build for the 'duel wielding' side off it. But after recent research apparent they are not which is a real bummer. However I was thinking of making a Breton sorcerer, what do you guys think?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't put a lot of stock into being obsessive with the racial passives. If you want to maximize and feel you're an a+ player that needs the best of everything, sure. For me...I like having fun...if my guy has 3% less stamina but he works and I like his look, so be it.

Dark elves make really good magic nightblades. I can see an awesome magblade w a dual wield attack bar and destro fire retreat. I'd also be fine with a dunmer stamblade...it's not the end of the world.

Brentons are considered one of the top two races for mag Sorc. Altmer has slightly higher dps, where bretons get a little better sustain and resistance. But again, you can hone either with champion points to fill out any weaknesses...my mag Breton gets a little more into damage and my altmer gets a few more into resistance and honestly I don't think the race makes a big difference.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I don't put a lot of stock into being obsessive with the racial passives. If you want to maximize and feel you're an a+ player that needs the best of everything, sure. For me...I like having fun...if my guy has 3% less stamina but he works and I like his look, so be it.

Dark elves make really good magic nightblades. I can see an awesome magblade w a dual wield attack bar and destro fire retreat. I'd also be fine with a dunmer stamblade...it's not the end of the world.

Brentons are considered one of the top two races for mag Sorc. Altmer has slightly higher dps, where bretons get a little better sustain and resistance. But again, you can hone either with champion points to fill out any weaknesses...my mag Breton gets a little more into damage and my altmer gets a few more into resistance and honestly I don't think the race makes a big difference.
    Dark Elves have better DPS than Bretons. Their boosts to elemental damage (especially fire) outweigh the extra 1% Magicka you get from playing a Breton. Between the small boost to lightning attacks, as well as the large boost to Blockade of Fire, attack weaving, and the fire side of Ilambris, Sorcerers deal pretty substantial fire damage, and Destructive Ancestry pretty heavily beefs up all of it.

They still lose marginally to High Elves, but they beat Bretons for sure.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade