Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I raise my DPS?

Hot_spur
Hot_spur
✭✭✭
Serious question...

I've been playing about a year. Finished the storyline long ago. Now I just like doing the daily pledges. Normal dungeons are getting boring, and some vet dungeons I do okay in. Some I can't finish - Direfrost and Blackheart come to mind. Occasionally I'll get in with a great group, but I feel like I'm being carried by the good players.

I'm CP488. I play as an Imperial templar, my stamina is over 30,000, health is around 18,000, mag is around 13,000. Favorite weapon is duel wield, and I keep a bow on bar 2, which I use mostly for its ultimate skill. The 13k mag is for self healing. I use food that buffs stamina and healing.

I got the Combat Metrics add-on, and see that I'm only pulling around 10k dps, which I'm reading is considered pretty weak.

My weapons are purple, and all my armor (medium) is purple - five piece Hulking Draugr, plus 2 more matched pieces that boost stam. And jewelry that does the same. I want a lot of stamina for attacking skills and dodging.

I am at a loss for how to raise my dps. Some say 20k is ok, but 30k is ideal.

I have no idea how to get there.

Any help appreciated.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's your rotation?
    What's the 2 other pieces and your other pieces?
    What's your jewellery?

What's your CP allocation?

Without this info you're really only going to get limited help.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start role playing, its the only way to gain any progression.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Hot_spur
    Hot_spur
    ✭✭✭
    Tolrog wrote: »
    What's your rotation?
    What's the 2 other pieces and your other pieces?
    What's your jewellery?

What's your CP allocation?

Without this info you're really only going to get limited help.

If I'm dealing with a mob I use Biting Jabs. If they're at a distance I use Shrouded Daggers. I weave in Lightweight Beast Trap to anchor an enemy and increase my damage.

When going one on one I use Lightweight Beast Trap followed by Whirling Blades and I weave in left mouse attacks to fill my ultimate. When the ultimate is full I switch to my bow and use Toxic Barrage. Then rinse and repeat.

I have 2 Viper's Sting pieces of armor in addition to the 5 Hulking Draugr. One of my blades is from the Viper's Sting set, and I have a Viper's Sting necklace and ring. My other ring is Bone Pirate's Tatter. All of it is purple. Some is divine, some is reinforced, etc. As I farm dungeons I try to upgrade all.

I have no idea how to get yellow gear, as I've never seen it drop.

My CP allocation is pretty much all over the board, but I can look up where the majority of it is. I could use some advice on where to concentrate it if I am going to need to re-spec.
  • Hot_spur
    Hot_spur
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what this means. I play as DPS if you're referring to group dungeons.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the way, trust me.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are joking with you. :) Role playing, or "RP" is when you create a back story for your character, and like an actor, you are "in character" when playing the game and interacting with others. Basically you spend your gaming hours pretending to be that character. Or..... something like that. I don't know a lot about it, but some games have many people who play that way. There are even guilds dedicated to it.