Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Save your Surveys

Jaeysa
Jaeysa
✭✭✭✭✭
Furnishing Crafting
You can now craft furnishings for yourself, your friends, or to sell to others!
  • To craft a furnishing, you will need to obtain a specific furnishing plan, similar to the way existing Provisioning recipes work.
    • All tradeskill disciplines now have a new tab at their respective stations for furnishing plans.
    • Each tradeskill has a unique type of plan and primarily uses a new type of material:
      • Woodworking Blueprints primarily use Heartwood, from lumber nodes.
      • Blacksmithing Diagrams primarily use Regulus, from ore nodes.
      • Clothing Patterns primarily use Bast, from fibrous plants, or Clean Pelts, from beasts and other sources of leather.
      • Alchemy Formulas primarily use Alchemical Resin, from mushrooms and alchemy plants.
      • Enchanting Praxises primarily use Mundane Runes, from runestones.
      • Provisioning Designs primarily use Decorative Wax, from crates, barrels, and other sources of provisioning ingredients.
    • Plans can be found in containers across the world, purchased from certain merchants, dropped from monsters, or even obtained from pickpocketing (or murdering) Tamrielic citizens.
    • Higher quality plans will require knowledge from multiple tradeskills.
      • Example: An elaborate canopy bed may require rank 9 in the passive skill Woodworking, rank 7 in Tailoring, and rank 3 in Metalworking.
  • Furnishing crafting also utilizes several additional types of materials:
    • Furnishings in a particular racial style require multiple style items associated with that race.
      • You do not need to know the Motif of a race to learn or craft their furnishing plans.
    • Rosins, Tempers, and Tannins are often needed for Green-quality furnishings and higher.
    • Each plan is unique, and certain special plans may require custom ingredients be located and included.
  • All plans, ingredients, and output items are tradeable.
So it looks like the new materials drop from all nodes, like the style material in Orsinium(Cassa something). I'm thinking it'll be worth my while to do all the writs daily for a bit, so I can save up a stack of surveys to do when Homestead hits live.

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder just how many of my precious Gold Tempers I will need to use? Something tells me this will be like College where function was far more important than looks.

It also tells me that if you think Gold Tempers are expensive now, just wait.

As for the surveys are they going to have the new mats? If so a lor of them or like the furrier crates
    Edited by Nestor on January 4, 2017 8:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor - I don't think the surveys are going to change, really - scale with your crafting level. But I do think that the new matts will drop along side the old. If you've done Orsinium, think the sand that drops along side everything.

And I think tempers will shoot up in price after a week or so, once people start getting the really good plans.
    Edited by Jaeysa on January 4, 2017 8:55PM

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scratch that - just took a look at the master writs. Good luck finding the gold tempers - you won't get me to sell mine for any price.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    50k for a tempering alloy. :smile: (Need a devil emoji)
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're tempting me.

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    •Clothing Patterns primarily use Bast, from fibrous plants, or Clean Pelts, from beasts and other sources of leather.

???? Clothing? Like costumes????
    yes :)
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is just rugs, tapestries and table cloths???
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check for you when I get home if you'd like. IIRC, it's mostly rugs, tapestries and the like.

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Nerdman9
    Nerdman9
    ✭✭
    Has anyone actually gotten any of the new materials from survey nodes? i tried several of the ones i still had on my character on the pts and didn't get any of the new materials, just regular rubedo leather, ancestor silk, rubedite... Was i just unlucky or will the new materials used for housing items only drop from regular nodes in the world? Thanks for the help.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten several of each. They're a rarer drop. I even got a mythic rune from a heavy sack in a trial.
  • Nerdman9
    Nerdman9
    ✭✭
    ok thanks, was it with new serveys or with surveys you got from b4 the patch?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @moonio
    Clothing Patterns: Tables, seats, tablecloth, baskets, drum, bookcases, curtains, carpets, tapestries, sofa, canopies, tents, beds, divider, pillow, lanterns
    Blacksmith Diagrams: Lights, Chandeliers, braziers, metal wall hangings, cookware/eatingware, bookshelves, chests, animal cage(yes, you can place it over pets to look like they're in it. Mounts not so much).
    Woodworking Blueprints: Lightposts, Carts, plaques, tables, seats, cupboards, cabinets, racks, bookshelves, sofa, platforms/stages, tents, stalls, beds, trunks, dividers, candlesticks, wardrobe, coffins,
    Enchanting Shcematics: Breton statue, water wells, streetlights, tables, brazier, orcish throne, shelves, desk,
    Provisioning Furnishings: urns, cookware/eatingware, vases, display foods, bosmer totems, candles and candlesticks,
    Alchemy Formulae: bottles, mirror, vanity, lanterns

I'll check on the surveys in a bit.

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭