Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why does this set exist?

rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I am talking about the Bone Pirate's Tatters set:

(2 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(4 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Stamina is increased by 2000 and Stamina Recovery by 300.

I farmed this set because I though it would synergyze very well with the new Lava Foot Soup and Rice Recepie:

BJDsT6R.png

Well once I farmed the set all in devines, it turns out that this recepie actually is a food and not a drink recepie (image above is from PTS which was changed). So I told myself "OK I will find another stamina+stamina regen (or stamina+health) recepie. But guess what, there are none. Can someone tell me what are the actual benefits of this set, or am I missing a drink recepie that I was not able to find?
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Drinks are pretty much exclusively recovery. Food adds to your max stats. Exceptions are Orzorga and the new event recipes afaik. They are mixes.

Mag and health recovery aren't necessarily bad options for a stamina build. Magicka typically adds more utility (like cloak for a stamblade) for you, and health recovery is...well. Health. Recovery.

I don't think it's a bad set, even if you can't use the new recipes.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ingredients are food ingredients and the product uses the word meal not drink in the description. There are other drinks you could try with it.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does psijic ambrosia count as a drink?

Also, there are way worse sets than that. Have you seen the ice furnace set? 4 piece gives weapon dmg. 5 piece procs off ice damage and gives fire damage. Hardly anything procs ice damage these days.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the idea is to use stam regen drinks with it.
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Roughly 1000 stamina equates to 100 weapon damage so the idea here would be to drop your max stat food for recovery. You could put this as another 5 set after hundings for pvp and get some nice recovery.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    That's my main set. 5 bone pirate tatters, 5 black rose, maelstrom weapons.
    OMUylAG.jpg
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use it with the Mara's Drink Golden Recipe for Vampires (official name, ofc) you'd get a huge buff to stam rec while somehow mitigating the lack on max stam bonus from food.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the idea is to use stam regen drinks with it.
    Yes... to make up for the reduced stamina pool
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Does psijic ambrosia count as a drink?

Also, there are way worse sets than that. Have you seen the ice furnace set? 4 piece gives weapon dmg. 5 piece procs off ice damage and gives fire damage. Hardly anything procs ice damage these days.

Lol I would also like to know if the set is active with psijic ambrosia. If so, the set will be pretty op as you can run it with food bufs on top of the Exp potion. A bit expensive but it should be totally worth it. I will test it now :D
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Orzorga max health plus stam recovery is a drink and would work great with that set.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm... that gets me thinking... witchmother's brew is health + magicka + magicka recovery. Add in this set in jewellery and weapons. Using a magicka specific second 5piece and a magicka specific undaunted, you could go all damage enchants on the jewellery... that could actually be a workable setup, shitloads of regen and high stamina...

I'm gonna try that on my mDK.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you not just run trainee?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use that set with Troll King, Lusty Argonian drink, healthy agility jewelry and vMA weapons.

You're welcome.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically you would use Bone Pirate Tatters with the 5k health + 457 magicka regen drink on any of the classes (especially NB) that benefit heavily from having high regen in both magicka and stamina. You end up with ~1300mag regen and ~1800 stam regen with this setup.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Hm... that gets me thinking... witchmother's brew is health + magicka + magicka recovery.
    Ishammael wrote: »

With your ideas combined I become... Captain Hybrid
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on January 5, 2017 2:37PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so psijic ambrosia does not triger the passive of the set, unfortunately.

So for drinks there are several options (cant remember their names but the buffs are as follows):
    -Max health+Max Magicka+ Magicka regen
    - Max Stamina+ 500 health regen
    - 600 stamina regen

If they make a potion that gives max stamina +stamina regen, or max health+stamina regen, then this set will become very useful.

And NO, the Orzorga gold recepie makes food so it will not work either.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    This set works fine for me with that drink
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    This set works fine for me with that drink

To which drink are you refering to?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

This. Trainee makes this set irrelevant, especially when combined with lava foot stomp.
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    i use it in pvp on my nb
    once solo 100% dodged a 20-man zerg from sej to alessia
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I believe the Orzorga max health plus stam recovery is a drink and would work great with that set.

I think the triple trifle pocket is a food. :( the Ozorga Frothgar is a drink, but it gives max health and magicka recovery.