Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cannot find Valaste.

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
The Mad God's Bargain - player lvl 50 - mage guild lvl 8 - already spoke with shalidor - map points to Riften mage guild but she is not there - help?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um... crap I hate to say it but I'd check all the mage guilds in your alliance just in case
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Teek
    Teek
    I'm at the exact same point in the questline and she is in Eastmarch Mage guild.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention I was EP. And that is the most important info as Valaste's positions through out quests are very much tied to your alliance. *head smack* I can't get in game right now; not at my home PC atm so I have yet to find her.

SPOILERS:
    I was going to save her because I do not need the pnts but now I am thinking there might be an advantage in future quests if I send her off with Sheogorath. Maybe all future mage guild quests will be easier to complete with her gone. I am tired of looking all over for her. Plus, I am not anti-Daedra. I actually like them. I do not like Sheogorath, tho, and I don't want him happy on my account.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't find her. Making bug report.
  • bwc.maneke_ESO
    This is a major Problem with ESO Quest Tracker that wont pin point where you need to f"ing go!
    Now watch while i cast this incredibly powerful and fantastically impressive spell!!! -Vanus (The IDAF, do you even lift bro) Galerion
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to find the guild hall that has the portal to get to where you need to go. Which one it is, I don't know since I think it's different for Aldmeri Dominion.

*edit*

Google told me this. Hope this helps.
    Talk to Valaste at the Mages Guild in Rawl'kha (Reaper's March), Evermore (Bangkorai), or Riften (The Rift).
    Place the books in the pillars of light.
    Edited by Davor on September 14, 2018 3:20AM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    You need to find the guild hall that has the portal to get to where you need to go. Which one it is, I don't know since I think it's different for Aldmeri Dominion.

*edit*

Talk to Valaste at the Mages Guild in Rawl'kha (Reaper's March), Evermore (Bangkorai), or Riften (The Rift).

**edit**

Might be a bit of a spoiler, but when accepting the reward, DON'T let your conscious be your guide. It's not rewarding enough. Hope this is vague enough till you need it.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a somewhat similar problem once with a MG quest going to the arrow inside a guild hall and nothing there. Abandoned the quest, stepped outside, Shalador appeared and gave me the quest again. Worked fine then.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*edit*

**edit**

Might be a bit of a spoiler, but when accepting the reward, DON'T let your conscious be your guide. It's not rewarding enough. Hope this is vague enough till you need it.

I followed my conscience. Haven't regretted it yet.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*edit*

**edit**

Out of the max number of characters I have; only one took the "dark side" choice. Still haven't regretted it. More than enough alternate sources for points in the game.