Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Finding Iron Ore in Vulkhel Guard is a Pain

Iaanik
Iaanik
Soul Shriven
Can anyone give me a tip besides the obvious response of where to look around. It's quite annoying and how often do you even get armour from drops to take back to the Smith to deconstruct. -_- I do have my skill point updated so the rocks glow too and still no sightings. :[

[Title Edited for Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on January 3, 2017 6:10PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had great luck farming ore in Auridon. It seems to be spread out too much. Maybe someone else has a good spot for you there. I'd head to Khenarthi's Roost if you want to keep it to AD. Glenumbra, Stormhaven and Rivenspire all seem to have a lot of ore as well.
  • Iaanik
    Iaanik
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Red! I'll go give those locations a good look! :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to post a pic of my map with add-on, but it's pretty sparse around Auridon. Best places seem to be the areas around Mathiisen and along the west coast of the island. As a general rule, ore likes to hang out on the beach and along mountains and rocky ridges. The southern volcano in Stonefalls, for instance, is encircled by ore nodes.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • KATObloodpaw
    KATObloodpaw
    ✭✭✭
    I always have luck following the bottom of cliff sides. Auridon has tons of cliffs with ore scattered amongst them.
    GT:Shock Value1134
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon, and a few other AD zones seem to be the least dense with Crafting Nodes. It has improved with One Tamriel, but it's still kind of sparse.

Any EP or DC zone will work better for you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iaanik wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a tip besides the obvious response of where to look around. It's quite annoying and how often do you even get armour from drops to take back to the Smith to deconstruct. -_- I do have my skill point updated so the rocks glow too and still no sightings. :[

Get at least 50 iron, do iron crafting writs on as many characters you can per day collect surveys on character that is blacksmithing 1/10 there is your iron ore.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jerezad
    Jerezad
    Soul Shriven
    Best bet is to use the wayshrine and return to Kenarthii's Roost. TONS of ore at the starting island and easy to find, whereas finding ore in Auridon IS somewhat sparse.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to the Thieves Guild DLC you could also go to Hew's Bane. In my limited experience, the landscape around the city has quite a few crafting nodes (though more for woodworking and alchemy) but mainly there's a LOT of crates and boxes to search in Abah's Landing. Especially in the harbour area since that also has warehouses. Some shops in AL have their own warehouses as well. I just got started on ESO, being lvl 16 now, and whenever I need iron ores I just go on a thieving spree in AL to steal as much armour as I can get my hands on, and deconstruct those. :)

Even better, I think (can't find confirmation) that the nodes in Hew's Bane level with you? For instance, I haven't put any skill points into blacksmithing, yet I just found several High Iron Ore there! Whereas in Vulkhel's Guard I'm still finding Iron Ore.

And when thieving through AL, you find other nice things as well. :)
    Edited by Saturnana on January 10, 2017 6:38PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Jerezad wrote: »
    Best bet is to use the wayshrine and return to Kenarthii's Roost. TONS of ore at the starting island and easy to find, whereas finding ore in Auridon IS somewhat sparse.

i was going to say Kenarthii's Roost. whole lot of noobs that running around not paying any attention to ore's
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iaanik wrote: »

[Title Edited for Profanity]

Best spot with low level toon for right now is Hews Bane, search youtube to find the routes. If you don't have access to dlc Bleakrock is the second best, where the spider caves are.

Edited to add

The Hews Bane north west of Zhets displeasure wayshrine. Run a circle around the landmark there. Probably on a good run between 5 and 10 nodes, no need to run as by the time you walk the circle they will have respawned
    Edited by Stopnaggin on January 14, 2017 6:05PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The good news is that you won't really NEED that much Iron because you will rocket through the lower levels pretty quickly even if you are trying not to.

Auridon is pretty sparse, but head back to Kenarthii's Roost for a quick farming run. The starter islands are all PACKED with nodes.