We are currently investigating issues some players are having logging into the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

User ID

killzoneftw
killzoneftw
Soul Shriven
Honestly I know nothing that anyone does or says about not being able to change your User ID, I just wanted to vent with how frustrating it is.
Its something I would pay up to $20 for its only $10 more to buy a new copy of the game at full price right now, My UserID on eso is something that everyone uses as an insult towards me now and I cant do anything about it at all and its something every one of my friends will see if I add them on the game making it look a lot less valuable to me now.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask Support and explain the situation. The same way they change other's names because it *may* me offensive to someone they MUST attend if it's a real case kg bullying, which is crime, to be fair to Both sides of the coin
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    I have spent the last 7 hours sending messages back and forward with support about it and there is nothing they can do apparently. However the staff who didn't seem to just copy and paste responses to the ticket without reading anything sounded like they atleast tried
    Edited by killzoneftw on January 2, 2017 11:24PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, account IDs cannot be changed except by ToS violation.

    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6894
    "Tamriel One was fun and engaging, Tamriel Once .... not so much." - Jaraal, March 9, 2022


    Elsonso by the numbers... 8 years. 4 accounts. 3 2 platforms. 19 Chapter purchases. 58000 Crowns purchased. 3 1 ESO Plus subscriptions. 7800 hours in game.

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    That brings me to another point it needs to be offensive to Zenimax support at that point it is a violation even though its clearly a big thing for me as long as its not a racial slur they know of or a blatant swearing it cant be changed, even if it upsets others.. this shouldn't even be a problem that exsists
    Edited by killzoneftw on January 2, 2017 11:40PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ummmm, aren't you forgetting something?

    what's the ID - i promise, no mocking from me...just wondering...

    I'v seen some seriously crazy and "edgey" character and ID names on my screen...

    favorite to date: 'stop zerging us u f*cs'...at the moment I saw it, myself and about 10 others had just rolled this individual...
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    Its offensive to me the people around me and the people who are using it against me its plain without context you wont enjoy my ESO one however my league one is FutanAhri ;D
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't seem right. I had a friend that was typing to fast and needed to change hers due to being misspelled. It was a long time ago, but they allowed it. I would say keep pestering them. Provide screenshots of you being harassed, maybe that will help. I would be willing to bet that nothing has changed the actually prevents userid's being changed. Its just a decision they have made in this particular situation to not do it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907
    Guild: Ayrenn's Army - Co-GM
    Guild: Weeping Angels - Officer
    Twitter: @ Loralai_907
    2nd Account - LilithZero

    CP 1500+
    Active characters:
    Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)
    Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its offensive to me the people around me and the people who are using it against me its plain without context you wont enjoy my ESO one however my league one is FutanAhri ;D

    now I really wanna know your eso ID (you tease :p)...

    yeah, 'FutanAhri' means nothing to me...which isn't really all that surprising considering there are people from all different parts of the world, and, different walks of life involved in eso...

    two options...either block everyone in the world, or, ask a "friend" to take a screenshot of your name and report you...

    does kind of stink customer service won't help you out...I guess there's no way to charge you for the 'service' of an ID name change...
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    It was only changed a few months ago to not allow id changes
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't seem right. I had a friend that was typing to fast and needed to change hers due to being misspelled. It was a long time ago, but they allowed it. I would say keep pestering them. Provide screenshots of you being harassed, maybe that will help. I would be willing to bet that nothing has changed the actually prevents userid's being changed. Its just a decision they have made in this particular situation to not do it.

    It used to be possible. I changed mine about a year ago I think, maybe a little more. It was solved quickly, too, in just a couple of hours, and the support person was super nice during the whole time and apologized several times for the account name change not being something I could change by myself. My account name wasn't offensive or anything, it was just the name of my main character (Aerindel), but I had it changed so that people in my guild would either call me "Gabby" or "Abeille" instead of by my main character's name when I was playing a different character.

    For some reason, they stopped doing it. I have no idea why.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

    Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

    Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is we used to be able to ask support and they would change our @ name for us. That was up till I think just after character name changes became available in the crown store. Before that 8/11/2016 update on the FAQ, it read completely different.

    Does your name have anything to do with being a female with male genitalia?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    For some reason, they stopped doing it. I have no idea why.

    I figure they are cutting back on customer support costs. They might still be above industry average.
    "Tamriel One was fun and engaging, Tamriel Once .... not so much." - Jaraal, March 9, 2022


    Elsonso by the numbers... 8 years. 4 accounts. 3 2 platforms. 19 Chapter purchases. 58000 Crowns purchased. 3 1 ESO Plus subscriptions. 7800 hours in game.

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt the tos have it that if your @name is found offensive, they can make you change it?

    just get some friends to file a complaint, even file one yourself.
    granted its a longshot, but if all else fails...

    You seem to find it bad, and any friend worth having should see your pain and help.
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    No that's part of the reason why even though its still being used to bully me it cannot be changed the fact that there arnt even exceptions for moments like this one annoys me also
    Edited by killzoneftw on January 3, 2017 12:32AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    The sad thing is we used to be able to ask support and they would change our @ name for us. That was up till I think just after character name changes became available in the crown store. Before that 8/11/2016 update on the FAQ, it read completely different.

    Does your name have anything to do with being a female with male genitalia?

    Homerun there @Runs That is exactly what sounds like. Rather unfortunate too.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NA

    CR1500+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50
    Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50
    Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50
    Jorleif the Bear-King - EP DK - 50
    Ko'Shariba-do - EP Sorc - 50
    Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50
    Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50
    More-Tail - EP Warden - 50
    Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50
    Az the Bulwark of Skål - EP Warden - 50
    Rilasi Sedas - EP Warden - 50
    Rayna Andalen - EP Templar - 50
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    Dev wrote: »
    Doesnt the tos have it that if your @name is found offensive, they can make you change it?

    just get some friends to file a complaint, even file one yourself.
    granted its a longshot, but if all else fails...

    You seem to find it bad, and any friend worth having should see your pain and help.

    even though its offensive to me and the people around me its not offensive to the common person who has no context I have already expressed my discomfort with it being used against me but I was told theres nothing they can do
    Edited by killzoneftw on January 3, 2017 12:38AM
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    Runs wrote: »
    The sad thing is we used to be able to ask support and they would change our @ name for us. That was up till I think just after character name changes became available in the crown store. Before that 8/11/2016 update on the FAQ, it read completely different.

    Does your name have anything to do with being a female with male genitalia?

    Homerun there @Runs That is exactly what sounds like. Rather unfortunate too.

    I don't see why they would feel the need to have to change it
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its offensive to me the people around me and the people who are using it against me its plain without context you wont enjoy my ESO one however my league one is FutanAhri ;D

    I'm ashamed to say I know what this is :(:neutral:
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    Its offensive to me the people around me and the people who are using it against me its plain without context you wont enjoy my ESO one however my league one is FutanAhri ;D

    I'm ashamed to say I know what this is :(:neutral:

    278 views and you are the only one who did
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its offensive to me the people around me and the people who are using it against me its plain without context you wont enjoy my ESO one however my league one is FutanAhri ;D

    I'm ashamed to say I know what this is :(:neutral:

    278 views and you are the only one who did

    Oh I knew as well. As did @Runs with their response. I didn't want to openly admit it. If it's any consolation @killzoneftw , I did say a player who had "futa" in their account name twice so at least you didn't intentionally put it in there.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NA

    CR1500+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50
    Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50
    Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50
    Jorleif the Bear-King - EP DK - 50
    Ko'Shariba-do - EP Sorc - 50
    Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50
    Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50
    More-Tail - EP Warden - 50
    Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50
    Az the Bulwark of Skål - EP Warden - 50
    Rilasi Sedas - EP Warden - 50
    Rayna Andalen - EP Templar - 50
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT!!!

    does every one know but me???

    what's funny, even if I did know - it probably wouldn't make a bit of sense to me anyway, nor would I probably care...

    still though - best of luck...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 3, 2017 4:15AM
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    They *can* still change the USERID if they want to. Along with the suggestions to have the name reported you can also try this:
    Tell them you accidentally used your real name

    I know that seems like a long shot, but it's probably not as much as you'd think. Then if they decline I'd make sure they knew that you *will* be reporting every person who makes derogatory comments at you from that point on.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know - the whole issue of "cyber" bullying has a pretty high profile, and, is normally treated very seriously by most companies and organizarions...

    I think it might be best to make your point with this in regard to receiving support from zenimax...

    I can't imagine too many people would be unable to be sympathetic to just how awful it is to be continously taunted, ridiculed either publicly or privately...

    was it simply a "term" which you weren't familiar with that you decided to use?
    Edited by geonsocal on January 3, 2017 4:27AM
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    It was something I was close to personally for a big part of my life but the same reasons I thought it sounded cute for is the reason everyone has made fun of me in recent years
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess be more careful the next time you make a name. My name use to be EroticTouch but got change to FloppyTouch ugh
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that's part of the reason why even though its still being used to bully me it cannot be changed the fact that there arnt even exceptions for moments like this one annoys me also

    Report the people who are harassing you for... well, harassment.
  • TheSeer
    TheSeer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused....

    You got your Gamertag or Character name, both changable.

    Edit: Forgot all about PC/Mac, but they should offer a way to change it.
    Edited by TheSeer on January 3, 2017 5:58AM

    Alliance: Alderi Dominion / Ebonheart Pact •
    Gamer Tag: Unspoken Seer •
    Platform: Xbox One •
    Server: NA •
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was something I was close to personally for a big part of my life but the same reasons I thought it sounded cute for is the reason everyone has made fun of me in recent years

    howdy @killzoneftw to be honest: killzone whatever sounds a little harsh...hmmmm, maybe something like: killingwithkindness - gotta imagine there be some good karma in eso land coming back on that name :)

    I'll tell what - tough part about getting old, you're medicine cabinet fills up each year with more and more crap to keep your body and mind working...

    fortunately though - your soul becomes stronger...after a while you not only realize whom you are (warts and all, inside and out)...but, by the grace of whatever higher power you might have faith in - you accept yourself, maybe even learn to love yourself...

    before you know it - there's virtually nothing any one can tell you that will hurt much anymore...

    that works for me - except for my god son...he's five, even though I know I'm not being mean when I tell him it's time for bed - he still makes me feel a little guilty...
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    just get some friends to file a complaint, even file one yourself.
    granted its a longshot, but if all else fails...

    Try this it may work. If you have a guild, try asking them for help, explain your story, and have them file a complain to your @ name. Maybe, ZoS will allow you to change it.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

    "There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

    -Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • killzoneftw
    killzoneftw
    Soul Shriven
    I have seemed to have mode progress support has asked me some questions about this after contacting them with a second ticket about it.
Sign In or Register to comment.