Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New player few questions

plovdivsfinest
plovdivsfinest
Soul Shriven
Hi guys, just bought the game and installing it right now. Im new into ESO so i have few questions, already saw many videos and read many topics but still need some tips.

1. Im hardcore pve player but enjoying also pvp. In previous MMRPGs i played as healer wich is my main. Healer is good class here? I mean parties for dungeons and pvp groups are looking often for healers or this class is useless?

2. If i play as healer the Templer is the best choice?

3. Is there some endgame content in the game? Or i hit max level and i gather easy the best gear, then just pvp and thats all?

4. I save moneys for late game gear or i spend during all my journey?

Thats all for now, thanks in advance and greetings :)
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    1. Healer is very important and people will be looking for good healers.
    2. Yes, Templar is best for healer
    3. The end game pve is 4 person dungeons and 12 person trials. Even at max level the hard mode versions of the trials are extremely difficult.
    4. Just save money for the late game, spending money while questing is a waste.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concur. Templar magic healers are fun to play, and you will be able to both self sustain fight on your own or be very helpful in pvp/pve group play.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just bought the game and installing it right now. Im new into ESO so i have few questions, already saw many videos and read many topics but still need some tips.

1. Im hardcore pve player but enjoying also pvp. In previous MMRPGs i played as healer wich is my main. Healer is good class here? I mean parties for dungeons and pvp groups are looking often for healers or this class is useless?

2. If i play as healer the Templer is the best choice?

3. Is there some endgame content in the game? Or i hit max level and i gather easy the best gear, then just pvp and thats all?

4. I save moneys for late game gear or i spend during all my journey?

Thats all for now, thanks in advance and greetings :)

templar has a lot of tools for healing, best option for burst healing and large scale group healing with support for teams.
    nightblade is best option for front line healing. they get into the fray and do damage plus heal teammates.
    sorcerers are just basic healers with options for pets to do mild damage with some utility from pets.
    dragonknights are unique healers as they use team shields based off max health.

all are unique you can argue for 1 over another in different situations.

best gear is really playstyle and class dependent. generally stated, there are gears in every zone (1 of each armor type) plus trials gear, imperial city telvar gear, and cyrodil pvp gear and ap gear.

while you lvling i would upgrade gear at lvl 10, lvl 25-30, if you have troulbe lvl 45, but after that wait to 160. also while lvling you wont get bonus' from doing it, but i would do 5 1 1 so you passivly training the other 2 armor trees for thier passives for if and when you unlock undaunted passives associated with that set up. strongly suggest trying to run a random dungeon every day once you reach 50 even if its the only thing you do, for keys for undaunted shoulders if its also pledge, chance at helm from dungeon ran, plus 100k free xp.

v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • plovdivsfinest
    plovdivsfinest
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for the answers! Tonight i begin my journey :)