Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where are the spriggan daggers?!

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting pissy now... been hours and hours of devoted world boss farming and not a single spriggan dagger in any trait, how rare are the damn things and where are they?! Guild stores charging 600k- a million gold for them
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    There is a quest reward (scarab sting) in Bangkorai. It's a precise dagger and you can do the quest with multiple chars, doesn't seem unique weapon. It's in the old tower south of bangkorai.Talk to Mazrahil the Scarab NPC.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got those, but am after sharpened sadly
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alkoriak wrote: »
    There is a quest reward (scarab sting) in Bangkorai. It's a precise dagger and you can do the quest with multiple chars, doesn't seem unique weapon. It's in the old tower south of bangkorai.Talk to Mazrahil the Scarab NPC.

Let me tell you why precise spriggan daggers is useless:
    I will compare spriggan with a very good alternative set, Night mother´s gaze

Ok the spriggan set:
    (2 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(5 items) Adds 4000 Physical Penetration

Night mother´s gaze:
    2 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical

(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(4 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical

(5 items) Critical attacks also reduce the target's Physical Resistance by 2580 for 6 seconds.

First I like to clarify that spriggan is mostly used in soloplay (such as vMSA) and in rare occations pvp

When using spriggan we´re after as high physical penetration as possible. Therefore we want to use 2 sharpened spriggan daggers. Each dagger will give you about 2,5k physical penetration (gold-value). If using 2 sharpened nighmother´s dagger we can achieve 7,580 physical penetration. If using 2 sharpened spriggan daggers instead we will achieve 9k physical penetration. If you slot precise daggers instead you will only get the 4k penetration. In this case it´s better (and less timeconsuming) to craft yourself a pair of nightmother´s daggers in sharpened.
    Now some of you might say that in a trial occasion were the physicalpenetration on the boss is down at 0 precise is better. That is correct, but then I´ve to ask you a question: Why use the spriggan set that has a 5th piece bonus that gives physical penetration?? Conclusion: Sharpened spriggan weapons or use nightmother´s gaze (2 sharpened daggers + 3 bodypieces) if you´re after physical penetration

Getting pissy now... been hours and hours of devoted world boss farming and not a single spriggan dagger in any trait, how rare are the damn things and where are they?! Guild stores charging 600k- a million gold for them
    If you want to farm weapons a recommend you to farm the public dungeon (razak´s wheel) where you will kill a lot more bosses faster. Anyway, a while ago I wrote down every drop i got from farming razak´s wheel to see if the droprate was scewed. This is my results:

Totol amount of loot: 253 drops (not enought to prove anything but it gives a small hint)
    Amount of weapons droped (shields counts as weapons in the new lootsystem): 58
    Amount of armor droped: 195

Now at a first glance this might look rigged/scewed to you, but let´s take a look how the distribution between the weapons are:
    Of the 58 weapon drops: 16 Spriggan, 20 7-legion and 22 vampire. Not a very scewed destribution if you ask me.

And of the 195 armor: 63 Spriggan, 65 7-legion and 67 vampire (very even I´ve to say)

As I said, 253 recorded drops isn´t enough to prove anything, but it gives you a small hint. The lesson to be learned is that: Unless you want to pay a fortune or grind yourself to death, use nightmother´s gaze if you want physical penetration for PvE.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Ok the spriggan set:

Night mother´s gaze:

(5 items) Critical attacks also reduce the target's Physical Resistance by 2580 for 6 seconds.

First I like to clarify that spriggan is mostly used in soloplay (such as vMSA) and in rare occations pvp

When using spriggan we´re after as high physical penetration as possible. Therefore we want to use 2 sharpened spriggan daggers. Each dagger will give you about 2,5k physical penetration (gold-value). If using 2 sharpened nighmother´s dagger we can achieve 7,580 physical penetration. If using 2 sharpened spriggan daggers instead we will achieve 9k physical penetration. If you slot precise daggers instead you will only get the 4k penetration. In this case it´s better (and less timeconsuming) to craft yourself a pair of nightmother´s daggers in sharpened.
    Now some of you might say that in a trial occasion were the physicalpenetration on the boss is down at 0 precise is better. That is correct, but then I´ve to ask you a question: Why use the spriggan set that has a 5th piece bonus that gives physical penetration?? Conclusion: Sharpened spriggan weapons or use nightmother´s gaze (2 sharpened daggers + 3 bodypieces) if you´re after physical penetration

If you want to farm weapons a recommend you to farm the public dungeon (razak´s wheel) where you will kill a lot more bosses faster. Anyway, a while ago I wrote down every drop i got from farming razak´s wheel to see if the droprate was scewed. This is my results:

Totol amount of loot: 253 drops (not enought to prove anything but it gives a small hint)

Now at a first glance this might look rigged/scewed to you, but let´s take a look how the distribution between the weapons are:
    Of the 58 weapon drops: 16 Spriggan, 20 7-legion and 22 vampire. Not a very scewed destribution if you ask me.

And of the 195 armor: 63 Spriggan, 65 7-legion and 67 vampire (very even I´ve to say)

As I said, 253 recorded drops isn´t enough to prove anything, but it gives you a small hint. The lesson to be learned is that: Unless you want to pay a fortune or grind yourself to death, use nightmother´s gaze if you want physical penetration for PvE.

He could want it for pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok the spriggan set:

Night mother´s gaze:

It´s literally right there xD

Edited by Qbiken on January 2, 2017 10:12AM
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    I proposed the precise dager because he asked in any trait. Now he only wants sharpened so that changes everything :).
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I WANT one in any trait, but that shy of the quest reward, I've not FOUND one in any trait.

But as for the NMG alternative, I was wearing 5 TBS, Velidreth set and either spriggan jwlry and precise daggers, or agility jwlry and sharpened leki daggers. Seeing as how we cant craft jewellery and I prefer to wear TBS, I cant get the NMG 5 peie bonus anyway.

I was trying to see if the additional crit chance from precise daggers and stamina (~300 or so) would subsidise the 1k penetration and 200 weapon damage loss.

I dont think it does, wd drops to about 3122 from 3363 and crit goes from 74% to 82%.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on January 2, 2017 8:52PM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok the spriggan set:

Night mother´s gaze:

Great info from you above, but why do you say that this set is rare in PvP? A lot of people use this since HA is meta in PvP.
    EU PC
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

Ok the spriggan set:

Night mother´s gaze:

Great info from you above, but why do you say that this set is rare in PvP? A lot of people use this since HA is meta in PvP.

I´ll take that statement back, only talking from own experience :P
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I have been farming Spriggan's sharpened weapons for a month and found only one sword about 2 weeks ago.
    It's made more frustrating by having to compete with people who are only doing it to get gold. I want mine for my Stam Sorc. And there's absolutely no way I would pay 1 million plus for one even if I had well over that amount of gold.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a couple daggers just killing bosses between dolmens.

2 training, 1 powered. Thanks ZoS :trollface:
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too just want them to use, not to sell. But yeah, the competition is brutal
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on January 2, 2017 11:56PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken
    what would your views be on a precise axe, rather than a sharpened dagger, the numbers are similar between the trait & the passive!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same place as the red mountain sharpened daggers. You have to be very lucky or rich.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a sharpened dagger for sale on NAPC. I also had a sharpened sword but sold that one. Won't sell for less than 500k though.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken
    what would your views be on a precise axe, rather than a sharpened dagger, the numbers are similar between the trait & the passive!

@puffytheslayer I wouldn´t use precise at all, no matter what weapon (for the same reasons as stated above). Sharpened is the way to go :)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am too looking for sharpened daggers i did get a sharpened axe.
    Not sure how valuable this is what could i sell it for?

yup, i'm difficult and only want the daggers haha
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, spent about 10 hours today rotating onthe 3 world bosses and not a single dagger, in any trait. Precise stays!
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been grinding the 3 world boss train in Bangkorai off and on since the skelly event and no sharpened daggers. Was sure I'd never see a sharpened weapon at all - RNGoddess is a cruel, heartless b#$%^! Then, a sharpened axe dropped! I couldn't believe it. Sold that bad boy in minutes for a nice chunk. There's no denying the gold rush for Spriggans. Also, during the insanity, I've sold many impen/divines armors. Pocketed a million a month so far and the gold rush just keeps grinding along. BTW, I'm rolling a combo of NMG and 7th Legion and doing just fine in PvE. Weapons: NMG sharpened sword/dagger.
    If I want a Spriggans sharpened dagger, I can just buy one but I'm a gold-hoarding skin-flint. Besides, NMG is almost as good. I'd suggest OP give NMG a test drive while grinding. Just an opinion. Cheers.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spent about 12 houes grinding in the auridion public dungeon for elegant swords :pensive:

Need two of these, i'll never get them lmao.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

@puffytheslayer I wouldn´t use precise at all, no matter what weapon (for the same reasons as stated above). Sharpened is the way to go :)

that was my intial thought but briarheart doesnt drop in sharpened, so i was just after confirmation i wasnt overlooking anything. on the plus side saves me a grind! LOL
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other night I looted a purple spriggan sword...only to discover it was training trait, trolled again :/
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still havent found one after about 40 hours only on three world bosses...

Alright, pulled a sharpened spriggan sword out a chest, one sharpened sword and one precise dagger. Seems a happy middle ground between the two.

PEACE! *drops mic*
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on January 5, 2017 1:34AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still havent got one, farming it is still all I been doing...
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    Found a sharp a few weeks ago, rgn creates a nice challenge! It will feel that much better when u find or buy them
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is broken, I've found more aetherial dust than daggers while farming for daggers
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    RNG is broken, I've found more aetherial dust than daggers while farming for daggers

lol rng broken...
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll just wait till the next patch to buy them with AP. Screw farming, it makes me hate the game
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    I'll just wait till the next patch to buy them with AP. Screw farming, it makes me hate the game

You might want to watch deltias video on that if you think you're going to get what you want easily with AP. You'll be farming AP if that's the route you go lol
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you find Aetherial Dust on World Bosses??! :D

Jokes aside, I am yet to see aetherial dust and cipher, any lead would really help.