The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Am I the only one not bothered about getting Emp?

Libonotus
Libonotus
✭✭✭✭✭
Like it's just a title. I'm content battling other factions, fighting at keeps etc. than farming for a title.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, your not alone. The closest Ive ever been is number 12. Sure it would be awesome to get Emperor. But its not something Im pursuing.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to lie, being emp is really fun. However, of the times I've had emp, it was no where near my goal. I happened to be in first, and we were 1-2 keeps away, and as a guild we were decided to go for it. Every time was a race against another flagged keep.

In short.. No you aren't the only one. I know several people that have never bothered or cared.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to care and want it but now I just stopped. I got to #1 just by me and my boyfriend grouped and playing all day and night keeping ahead of everyone else. It's stressful. #2 can always be on your behind and getting the required keeps is hard without more support which I didnt have from AD. (Low pop and not many good players)

Safe to say after I saw what is needed to become emp (lots of sleep sacrificing and stress to stay ahead) I rather pass.

I cant recall the last time I was impressed by the former emperor title anyway, so why would anyone be impressed by mine? I like showing off my actual pvp rank instead.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    when i was playing i inly cared about ganking. could care less. ive been in the top 10 alot but i kept doing my thing.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i was playing i inly cared about ganking. could care less. ive been in the top 10 alot but i kept doing my thing.

I've been top 30 but I only care about getting to PvP level 50
    That's more rewarding compared to something easily farmable and traded alot.

I play non-vet atm and my BlazPlar is pretty decent there
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never cared about emp. Besides, how long has it been since getting emp wasn't some guild cheeseball AP farm or some dead campaign crowning?

Edit: Also many times (even more so in recent times) people in guilds are carried to the emperorship and then in battle guys like FENGRUSH still defeat them without breaking a sweat. When was the last campaign that had an emp people were all in a tizzy about fighting? Any in 2016?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on December 31, 2016 8:13PM
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I think my all time best was something like 700th in line lol.

I just want to have fun sieging and defending keeps, and making AP in the hopes that one day there will be more things for me to spend it on.

Looking forward to update 13.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never cared about emp. Besides, how long has it been since getting emp wasn't some guild cheeseball AP farm or some dead campaign crowning?

Edit: Also many times (even more so in recent times) people in guilds are carried to the emperorship and then in battle guys like FENGRUSH still defeat them without breaking a sweat. When was the last campaign that had an emp people were all in a tizzy about fighting? Any in 2016?

There's been a few on NA Xbox Blackwater blade that weren't carried.
    Then we got Cleverfoal for AD, all he did was shield stack, badly, may I add
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you are the ONLY ONE, the chosen.
    EVERYONE else cant get any sleep thinking about how can they be emp faster
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't have that much time available or I would . Maybe if I win the lottery one day .
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen for me. I have a family and a full time job. I play daily but nowhere near the amount required to make it. tower farming for AP using eye of the storm in ball groups with pocket healers and CC spamming machines isn't my idea of a good time anyway. Mindless, pointless and boring to say the least.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    Like it's just a title. I'm content battling other factions, fighting at keeps etc. than farming for a title.
    I was bothered about it in 1.6 and was in top 5 for couple of month, but i didn't know that blobing, delves and other crap allows to get 10x more AP than actually killing enemy faction players and getting keeps.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only go for emp if the meta changes and there is something new to try build wise like eye of the storm. (really bored with the game)
    When was the last campaign that had an emp people were all in a tizzy about fighting? Any in 2016?

Emperor hasn't been all that good for a while. It doesn't matter whether or not you're emperor, the meta and cyrodiil balance still stays the same. If the meta makes it difficult to 1vX without emperor, it'll still be the same with emperor, just 75% less difficult. Eye of the storm is stupidly OP as emp, but incoming damage as emp seems higher than what it used to be whilst outnumbered, and enemies tend to be more tankier and heal more. All the well known emperor's played during a meta which supported fighting outnumbered or things like CP advantage, less experienced / knowledgeable playerbase etc.

Edited by IxSTALKERxI on January 1, 2017 12:42AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't care for title, but I do want the robes , lol
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get it eventually once I exhaust every non-PvP achievement. I am well under way with 22kish score. That is if I am on this game much longer with some bad developer choices inbound with update 13. Other than that Emperor was cheapened when it was being farmed within the first few months and still is so I am not in any hurry.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more interested in emperor slayer achievement dye
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty consistently top 30, but I don't have enough time to push for and defend emp. Real life stuff gets in the way of that. I guess it'd be cool to get it once but it's not a driving force for me.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost wish former emp passives were a thing again in hopes that people would actually push keeps more, as opposed to just fighting at the mile gates.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't pvp so honestly I don't care

However I can certainly appreciate the massive amount of effort that goes into it

From a lore point of view this period in history has so many emperors the records don't bother recording them, the title grand warlord would probably be more accurate, master of a broken land that will take centuries to recover, a bit depressing perhaps but there it is :)
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me see. First place for Emperor. 4 times. 2 on blue. 2 on yellow. Scourge PS4 EU. Usually always reds. To some extent. These 4 separate times. Hardly anyone to help me push for Emperor. So. Yes. I'm truly not bothered getting Emperorship to be honest lol.

Other wise it would have happened. In honestly. I am so glad not be becoming a Emperor. I be embarrassed to myself. To others as well. Maybe. I don't do damage. Which I am so fine with it now. However I have always wondered. If I did become Emperor. What would it be like to be a Full Healer Emperor? Does anyone know?

I also forgot to mention. I turned down a really nice offer from reds. To get me Emperorship the last time in AD. Half of reds will switch to yellow and make me become emperor. Unsure why they want to do this. Very grateful to be honest. Maybe they like me. Which I grateful. However I refused the offer.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on January 1, 2017 3:35PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to get Emp twice in the old days of PS4 1.6 but as a european guy playing on a NA server the action is always around 2-3-4 at night/morning for me so I kinda stop and staying up all night for days isn't worth it (my opinion) and nowadays you need a big group, a zerg or not lagging at a keep where 2-3-4 zergs are at the same time.

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never cared about getting emp, i was always happy to help my guildies & then...
    i accidentally got top of the LB once
    and was subjected to a variety of vile comments by people i had up to that point considered friends
    the tension grew within the guild, as other people wanted emp, people whe wernt very good at PvP expecting those of us who were to do all the work for no reward

when they told 3 of us we had to abandon a 30 campaign 3 days before the end so the person in 4th place would get emp!
    the best part was the reasoning 1st place person is too strong as emp & killed the campaign, 3rd place is crap as emp, and 2nd place (me) is a girl she doesnt get to be emp!

well i can tell you i took the bait and i flipped the *** out!

made a DC character killed a few of them painfully easily when i was just level 10
    ended up getting emp (i was about VR9/10
    only had emp for 9 hours, which i spend solo defending my keeps took a full group of them to take 6 keeps off me!
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never cared about getting emp, i was always happy to help my guildies & then...
    i accidentally got top of the LB once
    and was subjected to a variety of vile comments by people i had up to that point considered friends
    the tension grew within the guild, as other people wanted emp, people whe wernt very good at PvP expecting those of us who were to do all the work for no reward

when they told 3 of us we had to abandon a 30 campaign 3 days before the end so the person in 4th place would get emp!
    the best part was the reasoning 1st place person is too strong as emp & killed the campaign, 3rd place is crap as emp, and 2nd place (me) is a girl she doesnt get to be emp!

well i can tell you i took the bait and i flipped the *** out!

made a DC character killed a few of them painfully easily when i was just level 10
    ended up getting emp (i was about VR9/10
    only had emp for 9 hours, which i spend solo defending my keeps took a full group of them to take 6 keeps off me!

Hell hath no fury...

Nothing personal though, but to be honest, this sums up the whole problem with gaining Emperor status. Trading Emperor to be specific. You yourself state you were in 2nd place (therefore not qualified) but complain about being asked(told) to drop campaigns so that the 4th position player could get Emperor. In my opinion none of you should have been asked to drop campaigns unless you did not want it. Kudos for going to another Alliance and gaining Emperor I guess.

Personally I would drop the campaign if I was about to be Emperor (not that it will ever happen). I play almost exclusively solo though and on a casual basis. There are better group players that could do a hell of a lot more being Emperor for your Alliance.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope playing and fighting and having fun is more important to me, getting emp these days is laughable it has been traded and swapped exploited and cheated to the point it should be removed from the game it means nothing.

I am happy getting gold rewards at the end of the campaigns.

If your a legit player that gets it for the first time gratz to you, not many first time emps these days.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on January 2, 2017 1:26AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I couldn't care less about getting emp. Whenever I see one, my mind automatically thinks "Oh, there's someone else who just spent the last week playing nonstop just so they could troll people by being unkillable" and then I proceed with my day :)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never cared about getting emp I killed my own fair share .I only pushed 3 times first time it beat out by a Healing Magplar who just healed zergs and got more AP then me.Then second time I pushed so this dude who was boosting for AP wouldn't get EMP.Then this dude who basically a Negate monkey but just didn't sleep got a head of me and he would just be like 300k ahead of me but whenever I made 300k he would make another 100 just to get a head of me.Every so slightly. It also didn't help that every morning at 9 Glow glow guild would come and make the Mao yellow.Third time my buddy Ron was pushing for Emp and he always said he would make more AP then me if we every went at it so we went to a dea campaign and I out AP farmed him and had to switch characters so he could get emp.What made the last time even more fun was that it was a AD guild their and when ever they found out I was on they would leave for like 15-30 minutes and completely change their builds it was amazing .
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »
    I think my all time best was something like 700th in line lol.

beats me :)
    I'm a grunt! One of the nameless horde of AP Pez dispensers.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got to 2nd once.

But I was on vacation. Without that I have no chance. Could I do it? Yeah, I probably could but I really like sleep and it's hard to explain to your boss that you'll be storming castles with your PTO days.

These days I basically just get my purple rewards and not care about my AP. I'd much rather take a bunch of resources to help my faction than spam repentance in a Zerg. I will repair walls though. People don't do that often enough.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will repair walls though. People don't do that often enough.

Me too! :) I was bored once so I patched every wall and door at Chal to 100%. At least no one killed me for a while.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to have it to try it.

Alas, I have a job so it will never happen.