The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everyones soooo hyped for vvardenfell...

TheNuminous1
TheNuminous1
✭✭✭✭✭
One of my biggest joys about eso was getting to explore new territory especially the racial lands we had yet to ever venture to. And when the game launched we had a pretty even covering of all the races.

Except the orsimer. Then we got wrothgar.

And while everyone is so excited for the nostalgia of morrowind and with the recent datamining the next big thing is sure to be vvardenfell.

But am I the only one that wishes we got a new zone that wasn't a land we have already been to in previous games?

Ill admit I'm not the biggest fan of the dunmer and while I'm happy with any new content we get, I'd just much rather see somewhere else then vvardenfell.

Years ago quest dialog for the summerset isle was datamined

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/2ze651/datamine_previous_future_aldmeri_dominion/

Which you can read more on here. And I think it would be fantastic to visit the mainland of summerset. Or elsweyr proper not just northern valenwood. Or to see murkmire like was been teased to us. Why give us racial land for the dunmer when we already have stonefalls and deshaan. Yet no real khajiit territory and only one area of other races.

Idk maybe I'm being inane or like a spoilt child upset to not get the dlc I want but I just think its odd they would give us more of what we already have then something new and unique to explore and experience.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my biggest joys about eso was getting to explore new territory especially the racial lands we had yet to ever venture to. And when the game launched we had a pretty even covering of all the races.

Except the orsimer. Then we got wrothgar.

And while everyone is so excited for the nostalgia of morrowind and with the recent datamining the next big thing is sure to be vvardenfell.

But am I the only one that wishes we got a new zone that wasn't a land we have already been to in previous games?

Ill admit I'm not the biggest fan of the dunmer and while I'm happy with any new content we get, I'd just much rather see somewhere else then vvardenfell.

Years ago quest dialog for the summerset isle was datamined

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/2ze651/datamine_previous_future_aldmeri_dominion/

Which you can read more on here. And I think it would be fantastic to visit the mainland of summerset. Or elsweyr proper not just northern valenwood. Or to see murkmire like was been teased to us. Why give us racial land for the dunmer when we already have stonefalls and deshaan. Yet no real khajiit territory and only one area of other races.

Idk maybe I'm being inane or like a spoilt child upset to not get the dlc I want but I just think its odd they would give us more of what we already have then something new and unique to explore and experience.

There's a Daedric war coming, Varen wanrs you at the end of Orsinium and it's believe that Vvardenfell is the starting event/ pre-start story. Apparently it begins/heighten when clockwork city opens
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually hope we get most of the lands we've already seen first. That way the new lands we havent seen are more saved for last. That way its always a new adventure as the game gets older.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh!!! (Girly excitement scream)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for Elsweyr.

That zone would be awesome.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be excited. But im getting tired of waiting. I am also afraid they will chop it up into little sections to make more content out of it.

But i am hoping.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately I want too see all of Tamriel, and hopefully even the lands beyond, so I'm happy with any additions, but I would be more excited for somewhere we haven't seen.

Like a lot of people Morrowind was my first introduction to TES (but it wasn't even close to being my first RPG and maybe that's an important difference), like a lot of people I have great memories of playing it. But a lot of what made it a great game had nothing to do with the setting, so it won't be coming back with Vvarndafell. Apart from some cool nostalgia moments when you recognise some places I don't think it's anything that special.

But maybe it's because it's a known entity? We know in detail what we can expect from Vvarndafell, even allowing for the time difference which means a lot of things will be different (no Imperial presence for one). Whereas we only have a vague idea what The Summerset Isles, or Elsweyr or Black Marsh or anywhere else would be like.

To me that makes them more exciting, but maybe some people find it easier to get excited when they know exactly what to expect?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be happy with the addition of any decent-sized landmass at this point. I'm not picky about where. But I do hope we get to see Crystal-Like-Law at some point; it's not likely we're ever going to see it intact in the single player games, since it got knocked over during the Oblivion Crisis.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id actually prefer that ZOS did things to keep people interested in the original zones as well. After doing their quest lines they are rarely visited again. Instead why not choose an old zone every few months and feature new content/quests - make use of what you have already in game.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    morrowind is overrated and everyone's tinted glasses are beyond rosey at this point

come at me
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    morrowind is overrated and everyone's tinted glasses are beyond rosey at this point

come at me

Oh hells no..

lack-of-faith-disturbing.gif

Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!