The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question: About Seige Oils and AOE Seige

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Are Oils and other AOE Seiges. For example. Say against magicka builds only and such. (Shock ballistas, flame blastia and trebs. Ice treb...) Are all of theses considered. Damage over time. Meaning do you need points into Tharmutage. Meaning since I am a full magicka Personal. I do less damage. More than stamina players.

Since I do less damage. I'm also a full time PvP healer only. For example. Take this sceniero for yesterday in Scourge. As a full time healer. I don't do damage. I don't do damage because I don't understand how to.( Sadly. Waisted 50k gold trying to change stuff. But no go. However I did made my healer alot better though)

So In other case. About yesterday. My group was All ahead of me. Lucky me. Why? I was close to enemy keep. Then got ambushed behind. Lucky it was 2 templars like me. 1 a blazing shield temp spammer. (Use long range attack. Staff for example) I was actually glad to be attacked to be honest. I gave my teammates more time to seige. I let them know also via headset.

The 2 Magicka Templars are unable to destroy me. Battle lasted 6 minutes. I keep surviving. Out healing there Damage. Then another Magicka Templar came. All still good. However I can't do damage. Must heal. Enemy keep flared. Magicka Templars keep attacking me. Ignoring the keep. Then my downfall came. 1 Dragon knight and 1 Nightblade which is the very Emperor himself. They all finally destroyed me. Twice... Love Phoneix Set :wink:

However I gathered intel. That these red reinforcements officially came from AD keep. I assume since rest of red Reinforcements where trying to seige AD keep. I made them forced to quit and they come to destroy me instead lol. I've also let my teammates be prepared for ambush very soon.

So the moral of story is. Since I am a full time PvP magicka Templar Healer. No damage Sort of. Does the seige oils and lightning baliasta and fire baliasta and treb. Do these seiges listed. Requires Champion Points into Tharmautage? If so. I believe I been waisting my ap and gold. Since my oils and seiges has no effect against the enemy. Non what so ever. Especially more so with seige bubble. Even without enemy bubble. My seiges not harm.

I have 0 champion points in tharmutage. Is this why I do no damage?
Edited by Serjustin19 on December 31, 2016 3:11PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Serjustin19 What gear sets are you using and with what traits on each item? If you post your full build, I'm sure many of us can offer useful suggestions. On my Templar I often run Heavy Kagrenac (5 pieces) and Blood Spawn (2 pieces), then swap between 5 Transmutation (for healing) or 5 Spinner (for damage). This is always in 5 heavy, 1 medium, and 1 light armour for Undaunted passives. All gear has the Impenetrable trait, my main bar is Sword & Shield, and my back bar is Resto Staff when pure healing, or Destro Staff when DPS. Sometimes when healing I'll use Sword & Shield on my main bar and an ice staff on my back bar, as the ice destro ultimate is very good for helping the group control opponent movement.

Regarding your siege, long long ago (over a year ago) champion points did affect siege damage. These days I'm not certain and have not tested - though it would be very easy to do so. Get a friendly opponent to take one hit with a fire siege. Wait for combat to end, then adjust your champion points in fire/magic damage and try again. Wait for combat to end, then adjust your champion points in thaumaturge and try again. You'll either see a difference each time, or you won't!

Even if there is a difference, I don't believe that making changes to your champion points for siege effectiveness versus players is a good idea, however as a templar, points in thaumaturge for your beam is very good.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com