The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clever Alchemist .vs. Burning Spellweave for Magicka DK?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently I'm running 5 alchemist (3 body, 2DW Swords), 5 Lich (2Body, 2jewelry, 1 destro) and 2 piece monster set. My question is how much better is Spellweave than Alchemist? I don't have all the time in the world to grind for spellweave and if I don't have to then I don't want to. Thanks!
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Currently I'm running 5 alchemist (3 body, 2DW Swords), 5 Lich (2Body, 2jewelry, 1 destro) and 2 piece monster set. My question is how much better is Spellweave than Alchemist? I don't have all the time in the world to grind for spellweave and if I don't have to then I don't want to. Thanks!

The uptime on bsw is higher than in alchemist, read the description of both sets
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you´re using clever alchemist for a burstbuild in PvP I don´t see why you shouldn´t use Burning spellweave. BSW-set is like made for magDK´s :)
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The uptime on bsw is higher than in alchemist, read the description of both sets

Qbiken wrote: »
    Unless you´re using clever alchemist for a burstbuild in PvP I don´t see why you shouldn´t use Burning spellweave. BSW-set is like made for magDK´s :)

Roger that, thank you both. Was just asking cuz I work 40 hours a week and attend college also and I didn't want to spend what little time I have left grinding if the set wasn't too much greater than alchemist. Thanks though, I shall start my grind right away!
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Qbiken wrote: »

Roger that, thank you both. Was just asking cuz I work 40 hours a week and attend college also and I didn't want to spend what little time I have left grinding if the set wasn't too much greater than alchemist. Thanks though, I shall start my grind right away!

Goof luck on the drops. Body pieces are easy, weapons are like unicorns (swords and staves), and jewelry isn't too bad. The COA I isn't bad, takes about 10 minutes on normal and 15-20 on vet (for purple jewelry) with a group.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really only need body pieces, I have a sharpened Lich inferno staff and a precise Lich Resto, but thanks!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably need to only have a lich resto. You're basically losing a set bonus with the front bar because you only need to bar swap to proc the lich 5 piece bonus.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you get your purple jewelry in COA I just run the normal mode. Remember all the chest locations. Took me about 20 runs to get a sharpened BSW mace for my S&B magDK.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bsw is what I want to trial next on my sorc just need to farm it. Currently using clever alarmist which is cool that I only need it on 1 bar but a pain at the same time trying to time burst and ulti with pots.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BSW is clear winner.

COA I is super easy and there are usually people interested in going.