The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grove of the Abomination dropping shoes

bebynnag
bebynnag
✭✭✭✭✭
i did search but could not find other mentions - sorry if double posting

but this world boss (in deshaan) is dropping shoes, i dont think he should be doing that should he?
Edited by bebynnag on December 31, 2016 11:56AM
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    It's not unsual for the World Bosses to drop a bit of vendor trash... or is that the only thing he gives?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not unsual for the World Bosses to drop a bit of vendor trash... or is that the only thing he gives?

sorry should of been more clear in my post.

Upon killing him i looted the usual gold, soul gem, potion & a set piece of shoes.
    It was not a unique named item just a pair of (training) plague doctor sabatons (no large armour piece or weapon as expected)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: just got shoes from short tusk aswell (also in deshaan) in lew of large armour/weapon!
  • zero01
    zero01
    I just started playing a few days ago and I'm now lvl 35 but all I get from the world bosses is crap. I have yet to get anything of any use from any of them. Everything good that I get comes from quests, random enimies, or chests. I thought that's just how it was supposed to be.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zero01 wrote: »
    I just started playing a few days ago and I'm now lvl 35 but all I get from the world bosses is crap. I have yet to get anything of any use from any of them. Everything good that I get comes from quests, random enimies, or chests. I thought that's just how it was supposed to be.

@zero01
    no certain zones drop certain sets
    the zone boses (skull & cross bones) are suppsed to drop large armour pieces (head, chest and legs) and weapons
    public dungeon bosses shoes gloves & weapons
    delve bossed belts & shoulders
    dolmens jewelery

treasure chests can contain any item
    and quests will reward a specific item (there are comprehensive lists available)

like you most of the good stuff i have been able to pick up has been through chests! except for today the god of RNG shone brightly on me today giving me the 2 swords i needed in the space of half an hour ;)