The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Life Festival: Nearby Skyshards

DiteHart
DiteHart
✭✭✭
I posted this on Reddit a little while ago, but realized I could probably post here. Basically since some people (at least myself, and other people I know) are doing the New Life quests with alts, or characters that haven't traveled everywhere, I thought I'd make note of what skyshards are near the quests, so you can gather them even if you aren't hunting skyshards with that character. (It also has a couple of lorebooks. I have a list of those, if people are interested.)

Admittedly, they aren't too hard to find (probably half this list is stuff I saw/remembered nearby, and the other half was just looking at Game Map Scout), but since I didn't really think about them at first (just wanted to get the quests/achievements done), I thought having this topic would be helpful.
Because of this, I link the GMS map with the zone name, in case my descriptions are confusing or you find a map easier.

Castle Charm Challenge (Stormhaven)
- "Atop the stairs of Newgate": From the Alcaire Castle Wayshrine, you should be able to see (even if you haven't found it) the "Spider Nest" World Boss on your compass. Head there, and up the staircase before the boss, you'll see the skyshard.

Fish Boon Feast (Shadowfen)
- "Like the sound of steam or snakes": From the Hissimir wayshrine, take the first staircase you see (instead of passing it to the right and heading up the steps to Gentle-Heart). It should be in front of the second roofed/columned part, but behind a carving ledge--when you reach the walkway between the steps, you should see the glow, if you haven't gotten it.
This is the only one that's not out of the way if you've already finished fishing. If you've run out of fish, or still need to get the achievement on a character, it's probably easiest to do this part from bottom to top after fishing, and on your way to Gentle-Heart.
- "Where wisps waylay wanderers": On your map, it is on the southern building of "Deep Graves" (between the Hissimir and Percolating Mire wayshrines). When you get there, run up the nearest stairs to reach the top (with Xijai-Teel), then drop down the south side and pick it up. You can also drop down to the camp after and pick up Doors of Oblivion, Pt 2.
Be sure to look for the Deep Graves (near the center bottom of the map). Don't be an idiot like me and spend 5 minutes fighting kagouti, mad that you can't find the skyshard, before realizing you marked the square south of Sunscale Strand.
- "Ritual flames brew trouble in the mire": Northeast of the Percolating Mire. Head toward the upside-down Y river on your map (the southwestern tip of it). Keep heading toward it (or the mire, if you come from the eastern fishing holes) until you see people doing rituals. There's a ritual being done in front of a mine door ("Mushroom Cove"--no map marker). Look at the tree to the north of that, and jump up the rocks to the left until you see the shard. The little camp nearby also has a copy of "Spirit of the Daedra".
This is still somewhat out of the way, especially if you prefer to use the south fishing hole.

Lava Foot Stomp (Stonefalls)
- "Watching lions swim to shore": To the left (west) of Davon's Watch. Northeast of the Harborage once you see it. It is up against the cliff, not on it (although Monarch vol.6 and Aedra/Daedra lorebooks are on it, if you want them).
I haven't found a "fast" way to get to it while doing the quest, but I don't know Davon's Watch very well. This is probably a good one to get with your main/leveling alts. But, if you're lazy, like me, and half the time can't be bothered to run/ride from the Fish Stink to the Wayshrine, you can probably skip it.

Mud Ball Merriment (Auridon)
- "Watching the sky in a tower of swords": When you reach Skywatch, check your map and mark the Fighter's Guild (it's just South of Skywatch manor). When you reach it, go inside, then into the door just head of you. Then, turn to your right until you see it.
If you usually head back to the wayshrine, you can get this before or after you throw mudballs at the ambassadors. If you usually travel-to-player (or pay the fee to head to the wayshrine), just take the detour as you mudball-pelt your way to the manor. Also, there's a copy of "Jorunn the Skald-King" near the Fighter's Guild east door.

Signal Fire Sprint (Alik'r Desert)
- "Stored on a Bergama roof": The super-easy obvious one. After you first talk to Aubatha and the quest markers show the signal fires, find the South fire. Head there, and you'll see it right away. Then, you can just light the south fire, and make your way around.

Snow Bear Plunge (Eastmarch)
- "Giants Despoil the Village Below": South of the village you pass on the way to Cub's Tumble, south of the second house on the right (on the map), near the "Giant's Heart" point of interest.
Personally, I'd head straight to the skyshard first, then head north to Cub's Tumble, since you can find a copy of "Cleansing of the Fane" on the way.

Stonetooth Bash (Betnikh)
- "Outside a house for the dead": On your map, southwest of the crescent huts is a little building (a crypt). On the north side of the crypt is a skyshard. You should find wasps and get a honeycomb on the way.
- "Where wolves prowl eastern ruins": To the west of the crescent buildings (south of the ship) is a little crescent/eye-lid shaped ruin area. Near the center of that (on the north side) is a skyshard. As you would guess from the description, you should get enough wolves for the meat on the way.

Trial of Five-Clawed Guile (Reaper's March)
None. There is one skyshard to the east and one to the south of Rawl'kha. They are out of the way as far as the quest, but feel free to look at the linked map if you want to find them.

War Orphan's Sojourn (Grahtwood)
None. There is a nearby delve, "Burroot Kwama Mine", to the southeast, if you really want it. On another note, though, be sure to pick up the Ancient Dwemer Scroll VI on the rock ledge across from the Temple of the Eight. It's right there, but I've personally passed by it a bunch of times without noticing.

That's all that I had considered "close" to the quests. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere--before posting it on Reddit, I couldn't get results with "New Life Festival Skyshards" or anything. The GMS map has a "Lorebooks" link to see the lorebooks on the map.
X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
- Full 9-trait crafter
- Knows 41 motif styles
- Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just get the addon if your on pc
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I assume PC people have add-ons for pretty much everything. I play on Xbox One, so unless you're actively looking for them (or know the area and remember it), you're probably only going to get the Bergama one (maybe the first Shadowfen one).
    Edited by DiteHart on December 30, 2016 12:49PM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, very informative post. Nice job!
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.