The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quick question on morphing

Gromczystan
Gromczystan
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Should I morph all class skills and weapon skill?
Or Only 5 per bar that I will actually use in PVE/PVP.

Thanks
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have excess skill points, and you don't see anything usefull, you can spend your skill points on whatever you like.
    Maybe later there will be new META builds, and then it's good you have all these skill and ready to be morphed.
    However, if that's not the case, I recommend getting skills that suit you well and try to stay with them.

I mean, werewolf transformation is good for my build, due to 15% bonus stamina regen while slotted, but I don't cast it, therefor, any other skill point in the werewolf skill line is wasted.

Nonetheless, you can always respec if you need skillpoints for more useful things.
    Edited by Dracindo on December 30, 2016 10:09AM
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    I've only recently thought about the morphs much, so there could be a better answer than what I have, but I'd personally say:
    - Morph the ones you're going to use now
    - Probably morph the skills where you already know you're getting a specific morph (EX: Bound Armor has a stamina morph and magicka morph.)
    - Leave a few skill points available for any skills that you'll change the morphs on. (EX: assuming people like having Radiant Aura in groups, you may want to keep Restoring Aura unmorphed, since which morph you take would probably depend on what other members are running.)

Of course, there's also the Morph reset you can buy. The last part is mainly so that you don't get Radiant Aura or something, and never use it, but still have to pay and redo all your morphs just to change it over.
    Edited by DiteHart on December 30, 2016 1:40PM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morph everything and level them. Then reset morphs and level the other morphs. Now reset again and use only the ones you need.
  • Gromczystan
    Gromczystan
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks,
    susmitds wrote: »
    Morph everything and level them. Then reset morphs and level the other morphs. Now reset again and use only the ones you need.

If I level a first skill, morhp it, level it.
    Delete morph.
    Level 2nd skill, morp, level it.
    Delete morph
    And then choose skill number 1 will it be morphed and lvl maxed? Or have I to level it again?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks,
    susmitds wrote: »

If I level a first skill, morhp it, level it.
    Delete morph.
    Level 2nd skill, morp, level it.
    Delete morph
    And then choose skill number 1 will it be morphed and lvl maxed? Or have I to level it again?

It will be maxed. No need to level again. There is one skill, which I heard is bugged though, but can't remember which one.