The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blacksmithing Writ with Metalworking level 6

888and888
888and888
✭✭✭
I'm not able to get the Blacksmithing writ requiring Calcinium ingots. I've tried twice (I respecced my skill points) but at level 6 Metalworking I get the Ebony ingots writs, whilst at level 7 I get the writ requiring Galatite ingots.
Is this working as intended?
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's how it should work. Skill level seems to decide the quality you'll find in the open, and the passive decides whether you're allowed to work with that quality.

Your options are:
    1. Abandon quest, start new writ tomorrow (recommended)
    2. Buy Calcinium from guild stores.
    Option 2 is not recommended, because you'll first need to find a guild store that sells them, and you'll want it for a reasonable price. While option 1 only costs 5 seconds. And one day of not finishing writs isn't going to kill you (I hope)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug that some characters just can't do certain level writs. Respeccing doesn't help. If you have multiple crafters, some other character probably can do them just fine. I have not found any logic behind this bug.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Your options are:
    1. Abandon quest, start new writ tomorrow (recommended)
    2. Buy Calcinium from guild stores.
    Option 2 is not recommended, because you'll first need to find a guild store that sells them, and you'll want it for a reasonable price. While option 1 only costs 5 seconds. And one day of not finishing writs isn't going to kill you (I hope) ...

I already tried these options, neither of them worked... I think it's a real bug, striking only a few characters, as Heleridon said.
    Luckily, it's not a big deal...

Thank you so much for your help!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level is your character? The character level was the gatekeeper for Craglorn in that you had to be L50 to get there before. Have they been to Coldharbor, and not just by porting up there, but being sent by the quest Messages Across Tamriel? Which means of course having finished the Alliance Zone Quests for your Alliance.

These two factors had a big impact on what level equipment writs you would be asked to do before One Tamriel. While these restrictions should have been removed, they have not.
    Edited by Nestor on December 30, 2016 6:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    What level is your character? The character level was the gatekeeper for Craglorn in that you had to be L50 to get there before. Have they been to Coldharbor, and not just by porting up there, but being sent by the quest Messages Across Tamriel? Which means of course having finished the Alliance Zone Quests for your Alliance.

These two factors had a big impact on what level equipment writs you would be asked to do before One Tamriel. While these restrictions should have been removed, they have not.

My char is 300+ CPs, the weird thing is I can do Galatite related writs but not Calcinium... I do think it's a bug.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to me with my orc. Not just blacksmithing but woodworking, enchanting and clothier too.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on September 3, 2017 4:35PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there is no writ available at that crafting level for you? or the materials skip a tier?