The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Difference in Vet version compared to normal?

Danky24
Danky24
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I've just started to get into vet dungeons and it seems like the only difference between vet and normal is enemies hit harder and have more health.

Are there any extra mechanics when running vet? I know for the final boss you can turn on "hard mode", is that extra mechanics or even more health/damage?

All the info I find online refers to before One Tamriel so they keep referring to vet having a different story/boss, but that seems to have changed when they released 1T and version I/II of dungeons.

Also, are there any sources that cover the difference (if there are any)?

Best Answer

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes with 1T you can now do all if the old Vet Dungeons (Version 2) on normal mode. The difference between normal and Vet dungeons now is, as you have identified, increased damage done and boosted health of the mobs and bosses. No difference in the mechanics although you may miss some of the mechanics in normal dungeons if you are burning the boss quickly.

HM Vet just increases the health and damage of the final boss or involves another mechanic like Spindle 2, EH2, DC2. CoH2, CoA2 and BC2.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Answer ✓
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the dungeon if it had a unique veteran mode then the bosses have different mechanics on vet ex (fungal grotto 2, COA 2 most 2 dungeons) if it has a scroll of glorious battle (most vet 1 dungeons do) most likely it doesn't have extra mechanics bosses just hit harder and have more health but you have to understand boss fights on vet will usually take longer to kill so there's that to deal with to.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Rokushoh
    Rokushoh
    ✭✭
    In Veteran, the mobs have resistances, more Health Points and enemies are more numerous than Normal instances. That's mostly it. Gear-wise, Normal instances will drop CP160 if it's scaled to that, but the items will be of Superior quality (Blue) compared to Epic (Purple) in Veteran. For trials, clearing the trial on Normal gives you Epic quality items, and for Veteran and Difficult Mode instances, you get gold pieces. If cleared on Difficult Mode, you get a trophy (drops once a week) of the trial.
    @Rokushoh
    [Order of the Bear] 9th Guild vMoL NA PC
    [Order of the Bear] 9th Guild vMoL DM NA PC

Guilds:
    Order of the Bear
    What Mechanics
    From The Dust
    No Brakes
    Eastmarch Trade Company

Trials cleared:
    vDSA [X]
    vMA Flawless [X]
    vAA HM [X]
    vHRC HM [X]
    vSO HM [X]
    vMoL HM [X]

Rokusin | Khajiit Nightblade | Level 50 Champion | Ebonheart Pact | Flawless Conqueror
    Do'jirr-ra | Khajiit Dragonknight | Level 50 Champion | Aldmeri Dominion | Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Clear
    Skjöld | Nord Dragonknight | Level 50 Champion | Ebonheart Pact | Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Tanked
    Heals-Many-Weaklings | Argonian Templar | Level 50 Champion | Ebonheart Pact | Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Healed
    Meredith Beaufort | Breton Sorcerer | Level 50 Champion | Ebonheart Pact | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Almaharib | Redguard Sorcerer | Level 50 Champion | Ebonheart Pact | N/A