The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best PVP setup (Without multiple proc sets)

rxhymn
rxhymn
✭✭✭
If I were to play a stamblade with little focus on proc sets what would the ideal setup (equipment) be without VMA weps?

I currently have 2 sharp spriggan swords.

Mostly for solo play bust damage but something that would work well in zergs as well (if thats possible) I like to run with 2hand for 2nd bar for heals/buffs and dps duel wield.

Edited by rxhymn on December 29, 2016 11:09PM
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you ask for advice in builds, try to be specific about the playstyle you have in mind.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    When you ask for advice in builds, try to be specific about the playstyle you have in mind.

thanks
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think spriggan is one set you should consider it's one of the best overall damage sets. I'd advice eternal hunt as the other 5pc for the additional stam reg and the 5pc is nice to leave a sticky situation. If you don't like it the automaton set worked pretty well for me but you have the problem that your vigor ticks aren't that good. Another thing is clever Alchemist but you have to get a feel how long you can go full damage with the buff and when it is wise to drink a potion. Or go for hundings rage but be sure that the 2 and 4pc could be better.
    The next sets you could use are bone pirats tatters or draugr hulk for max stamina and reg or you can use senche's bite.

The last 2 pieces are a monster set. You can use velidreth but as you don't want to use proc sets bloodspawn/ trollking for better survivability or use 1pc bloodspawn/ stormfist and 1 pc kena/veli for more stamreg and more weapon damage

These are my proposes for your non-proc stamblade good luck and don't give up
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    I think spriggan is one set you should consider it's one of the best overall damage sets. I'd advice eternal hunt as the other 5pc for the additional stam reg and the 5pc is nice to leave a sticky situation. If you don't like it the automaton set worked pretty well for me but you have the problem that your vigor ticks aren't that good. Another thing is clever Alchemist but you have to get a feel how long you can go full damage with the buff and when it is wise to drink a potion. Or go for hundings rage but be sure that the 2 and 4pc could be better.
    The next sets you could use are bone pirats tatters or draugr hulk for max stamina and reg or you can use senche's bite.

The last 2 pieces are a monster set. You can use velidreth but as you don't want to use proc sets bloodspawn/ trollking for better survivability or use 1pc bloodspawn/ stormfist and 1 pc kena/veli for more stamreg and more weapon damage

These are my proposes for your non-proc stamblade good luck and don't give up

ok thanks for the advice!

What about running spriggans / eternal hunt/ one kragh for penn and 1 veli for wep dmg?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yes forgot about kragh it's better than a single wep damage buff.
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Oh yes forgot about kragh it's better than a single wep damage buff.

k cool and for wep enchants, crushing and wep dmg?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go for disease and wep damage for the additional burst you get from it + the heal debuff. You can use crusher in your back bar if you want to
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for pvp 5 spriggins 5 automaton isn't a bad setup just go two body pieces and go 3 spriggins body and your two weapons then 3 jewelry and 2 body of autoamaton.With 1kragh 1 kena or bloodspawn if you feel like you need a little more recovery.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really high amount of Pen if you stack Sharpened/Kragh/Surprise Attack/Spriggan.

Overkill against Medium and Light users but I guess could be seen necessary to burst heavy armor users of which there are a lot around.

The one problem you run into is that your heals scale from Stam/Wpn Damage.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. rxhymn
      rxhymn
      ✭✭✭
      Jaronking wrote: »
      for pvp 5 spriggins 5 automaton isn't a bad setup just go two body pieces and go 3 spriggins body and your two weapons then 3 jewelry and 2 body of autoamaton.With 1kragh 1 kena or bloodspawn if you feel like you need a little more recovery.

thanks! damn thats a hard choice... eternal hunt is crafted so could i get chest piece heavy? and the stun... but the added dmg of automation looks insane.
      Edited by rxhymn on December 30, 2016 2:01AM
    2. rxhymn
      rxhymn
      ✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      That is a really high amount of Pen if you stack Sharpened/Kragh/Surprise Attack/Spriggan.

Overkill against Medium and Light users but I guess could be seen necessary to burst heavy armor users of which there are a lot around.

The one problem you run into is that your heals scale from Stam/Wpn Damage.

Good point, I will have to experiment with monster helms/shoulders then.
    3. ArgonianAustin
      ArgonianAustin
      ✭✭✭
      Ah a very fun build I use is 5 black rose, 5 bone pirate tatters, usually then maelstrom weps but 1 monster piece will do just fine instead. So for the 5 bone pirate, you would need a two-hander and a bow. Use stamina and magicka recovery drink. Very fun. Infinite cloak and fears.
      Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
    4. psychotic13
      psychotic13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm a magsorc and I love spriggans, it means your 5pc bonus is useless when I have shields
    5. rxhymn
      rxhymn
      ✭✭✭
      I'm a magsorc and I love spriggans, it means your 5pc bonus is useless when I have shields

explain?
    6. susmitds
      susmitds
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@psychotic13 I run Spriggan+Shieldbreaker+1 pc Kraagh. Now, whatchu gonna do about it, :trollface:
    7. psychotic13
      psychotic13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      susmitds wrote: »

@psychotic13 I run Spriggan+Shieldbreaker+1 pc Kraagh. Now, whatchu gonna do about it, :trollface:

Rune cage and run :smiley:
    8. psychotic13
      psychotic13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      rxhymn wrote: »

explain?

Penetration doesn't work on damage shields because they have no resistance, they can't be critted either so if a player has their shields up constantly you're effectively wasting that 5pc bonus.
    9. rxhymn
      rxhymn
      ✭✭✭
      rxhymn wrote: »

explain?

Penetration doesn't work on damage shields because they have no resistance, they can't be critted either so if a player has their shields up constantly you're effectively wasting that 5pc bonus.

hmmm
    10. zuto40
      zuto40
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stamblade- Legate
      Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
      Magic DK- Corporal
      Stam DK- Sergeant
      Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    11. Izaki
      Izaki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Eternal hunt, Agility, Troll King/Velidreth/Selene, vMA weapons

Eternal hunt, Spriggan, Troll King/Velidreth/Selene

Don't use Automaton. Incas is disease damage, so is your execute = your hardest hitting abilities. Automaton also doesn't buff healing from Vigor and Rally. NBs don't have a lot of healing. Don't use Automaton, its trash.
      @ Izaki #PCEU
      #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
      #MoreDPSthanYou
      #Stamblade
    12. rxhymn
      rxhymn
      ✭✭✭
      Eternal hunt, Agility, Troll King/Velidreth/Selene, vMA weapons

Eternal hunt, Spriggan, Troll King/Velidreth/Selene

Don't use Automaton. Incas is disease damage, so is your execute = your hardest hitting abilities. Automaton also doesn't buff healing from Vigor and Rally. NBs don't have a lot of healing. Don't use Automaton, its trash.

Ah I didn't even think of that. That also works perfectly with my buff bar.

Thanks!
    13. deepseamk20b14_ESO
      deepseamk20b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Give 5 spriggans/5 bone pirate/1 kena/1 velidreth a try. You hit very hard, better heals, absolutely amazing sustain, and have a bunch of extra HP as you can use food that gives HP and sustain and it still counts towards the bone pirate 5 pc set bonus.

Personally I like 2 selene but I know you said no proc set. Kraghs is an option but as somone else said with sharpened weapons, surprise attack debuff, spriggans 5 pc set bonus, and whatever CP you put into armor pen light and medium armor targets are no issue.
      Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!